~ Sub Boxes ~ [let's see them]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have 2 of those 10" sundowns in a sealed box. they sound very good and hit pretty hard.

Saweeeeet!! I'm stoked. I got the idea from you actually. I forgot about sundown and then when I looked at the specs. My buddy said he'd buy these brand new W3's from me (not that it mattered anyways, I was set on ordering them). These w3's are so easily breakable. Did u see the SD-2 test on youtube?! Holy smokes! Suckers kept pounding on a bench with free air pushing 1000watts. :)

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah i follow sundown on facebook and they always post vids. when i was looking for subs and started researching them i found all the testing vids on youtube. they abuse them and they take every bit of it. alot of testing and thought goes into them it seems. pretty cool.

glad i inspired u lol. i think u will be really happy with them. im interested to hear how u like them in a ported box. can u get enough air space for them in a ported box?

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And best of all......sundown are made in the usa!! I'll be installing them in my fox box as I want my seats and hate seeing a speaker box. I refuse to spend cash with custom work, trying to move to suspension. Works out good bc I know there's a lot of new stuffs coming out day by day. I'm also more comfy with the seat being wedged down. Of course after I get the system sounding how I like, I'll then trim my rubber mats and bolt the fox box down good. I won't go ported unless I really feel the need but.......

Last edited:

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The subs are have are actually the JL audio 13tW5. Check them out

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396826997.586000.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396827006.301740.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1396827024.735347.jpg
My truck came with the stereo install, I'm still trying to figure all the shit out it has but appears to be about at least $4k in crap. The damn dealer can't give me any info due to some privacy act. The thing jams very damn loud though. Will try to get some pics of the two 13.5in JL audio slim woofers.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The damn dealer can't give me any info due to some privacy act.

Dealer speak for, "We don't have a ******* clue, but we're so used to lying to customers we certainly can't admit the truth!"

Seriously? Was the audio install part of some super sensitive medical procedure or something? Better be careful... Maybe DARPA installed the system and you need to have a Top Secret clearance in order to know the exact details.

On a serious note, it looks like a good setup, though I noticed you didn't mention anything about a processor or crossovers of any kind. That might br the reason you're getting less than adequate sound from the door speakers. (Saw your other thread)

I've got a single 13.5 in mine and it thumps pretty good. Two must rattle the glass something fierce! If all else fails, take it to a good custom audio installer and they'll be able to get you completely straightened out and optimally tuned.

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has the alpine pxa-h800 audio processor and rux-c800 controller. I can't seem to locate any crossovers anywhere. The rear door speakers are notably louder than the front door speakers. I'm guessing maybe it's just how it's set up or tuned. I'm gonna have to source some damn instructions for all these gadgets. Don't have the microphone that is suppose to come with the alpine processor to apparently tune the settings. And the 2 subs rock the shit out of the mirrors and glass. Have a remote gain mounted on the console so mostly keep it pretty low.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on. If it had passive crossovers they'd be in the door or kick panels. My guess is it's setup as an active crossover system with everything being handled by the processor and each speaker being individually driven by a separate amp channel. My guess is it needs to be retuned, or initially tuned (as it may never have been to begin with). Most manuals can be easily found on manufactures websites along with an applicable tuning software. I'd check alpine or ebay for the calibration mic.

starkall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help! I'm definitely going to research the area and find a good shop to check it out and tune it.