ARB Twin Air Compressor Under Seat Install and more

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Surprisingly the fastest option out for 37+ tires is the Maxitrac 300 or it's rebadged Napa variant https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTWM10215C If you already have the batteries/carry a mid torque the Milwaukee air compressor can also inflate 4 37s on a single battery in the range you are talking about. If you aren't running air lockers then all you are doing is spending extra money for an ARB vs better portable options.
Wow, this is a surprising option. It is only $125. Is anyone running this? Unfortunately, at the time, I went with all DeWalt. Should have done Milwaukee.

OP
OP
navy2x

navy2x

Reaction score
Slick setup!

As with most card mods, I'm torn here. I feel like I have absolutely no need for this and simultaneously I'm not sure how I will survive another day without it!

In the chance I don't come to my senses and cave to my weak minded impulses for a quick dopamine hit, is this the compressor you bought?
Yes that’s the one I got. I felt the same way, don’t really need it but I absolutely love having it. Plus it’s fun to work on the truck!

To answer another question, the purple upfitter switch wire is very tiny, looked to be 18 or 20 gauge wire to me. It doesn’t hold a lot of current, it’s just for opening an internal relay on the air compressor. So no worries about blowing an upfitter fuse.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 8 gauge wire for the black, 10 gauge for the two reds. I connected the black to a ground bolt on the frame right in front of the battery.
What did you use to combine your extensions to the arb harness? Just regular marine connectors?

Froadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a nice setup and thanks for the info. I thought about doing this a few years ago, but went with the portable ARB. I use it for my 4runner too.

OP
OP
navy2x

navy2x

Reaction score
What did you use to combine your extensions to the arb harness? Just regular marine connectors?
I couldn’t find any 8 gauge terminal connectors so I ended up just soldering the wires together. I cut half of the wire bundle from each exposed end, fanned them out and twisted them together. Then soldered the crap out of the them. I had a heat shrink tubing already on the wire before connecting. I also wrapped it in electrical tape for good measure.

abelincoln

Reaction score
This comment is rock solid:

"I also wanted a cut off switch so my 5 year old son didn't accidentally start it when he was climbing into his car seat"

I did NOT install a cut-off switch, and my six-year old triggers the compressor probably 1x per week. Definitely gives us a friendly jolt in the morning.

I wish I had thought about that. Good call Navy.

- Abe

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello MeFryRice, can you please send over info for the behind the seat bracket? I'm not having luck finding it on their site. Thanks

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello MeFryRice, can you please send over info for the behind the seat bracket? I'm not having luck finding it on their site. Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response as I didn’t see your question until now.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter