Diode Dynamics plug and play install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you toggle between no lights on, the Amber backlighting on, and the whites on?

No lights on when the truck is off, amber backlighting on any time the truck is on(and in gear), white lights come on for the outer two when I have the fog light button activated, and the inner two are turned on with aux switch #1

Last edited:

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No lights on when the truck is off, amber backlighting on any time the truck is on, white lights come on for the outer two when I have the fog light button activated, and the inner two are turned on with aux switch #1
Thank you for the very clear explanation.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the very clear explanation.

Happy to help. I should have been more clear, but the amber backlight is only on when the truck is on and in gear. This is because I used forscan to have the parking lights come on with the DRLs and I have the trigger wires for the backlighting tied to the parking lights. The also come on momentarily when the doors are opened when the truck is off and the doors are opened, just like the factory lights do and this is also because I have them coming on with the parking lights.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend 4 fogs or 2 fogs and 2 driving?

Being that a topic such as this is purely subjective, it’s hard to answer this fairly. Personally, I like having driving lights so I didn’t want to go all fogs. That said, I would not want 4 driving lights. So, I think 2 of each is best case scenario.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would you recommend 4 fogs or 2 fogs and 2 driving?

The most popular setup for a Diode Dynamics kit is this one: https://www.4x4truckleds.com/diode-...off-road-brackets-for-2021-ford-f-150-raptor/

SS3 Pro SAE Fog
SS3 Pro SAE Fog, Yellow
SS3 Pro Combo

This way you have a white AND a yellow fog, and you can turn either on based on the weather. The Combo is a nice "overall" light that lights up everything.

Yuo can also upgrade to the MAX and get the most light (which is my recommendation if you have some extra cash)

Each of our kits includes pigtails for the Gen3 Raptor so that you can connect 1 pair to your factory fog switch, one pair to the existing aux 1 switch and the last pair goes to an upfitter.

We provide this all in the kit with our REALLY AWESOME wiring harness that plugs right into the lights. Additionally if you opt to get the back-lit versions our pigtails have the back-light control wire coming off them that you can wire to another switch or even use an add-a-fuse tap if you want to do that (i like them on a switch though)