SPV Review!! Squadron Sport Behind Grill and Triple Rigid Radiance Fog Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navy2x

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius.

A number of states ha e this requirement. I would install lights out in the open so you can put the covers on and off as required by your state.

Use the search function. Lots of fog light treads.
Thanks for the kind reply. I just got a ‘22 Raptor and love it. Just trying to figure out what other people so to get around inspection and legal issues.

I think you are right. The best thing would be to mount lights external to the grill and use covers.

OP
OP
Dnovakovic4

Dnovakovic4

Reaction score
Hey OP, one questions I’ve always had with front light bars behind grills is how do you pass inspection? I live in Virginia and I can’t install a light bar unless I have it covered or it is wired to the same circuit that makes it turn off when I turn on the high beams. Does anyone have experience with this?
California isn’t this bad I’m assuming haha. But there’s not much “CA Legal” on the truck anyways so I’m not too concerned. Windshield tint, headlight/taillight tint, no front plate.

Just support the blues and hope for the best!

RobSpring661

Reaction score
I wanted to share some quick feedback about my experience with SPV.

I always knew what lighting combo i wanted installed on my truck but with how many options there are, I wanted to be sure before spending the money. I shot a quick text to Sydney from SPV and within minutes we hopped on a quick call and she gave me guidance and answered all questions I had. The end result is exactly what I wanted and more.

I have the Squadron Sport Behind the Grill Kit with the Spot - Driving Combo - Wide configuration. Then I got 2x Radiance and 1x Scene lights for the fog light package. I also got the AUX adapters so that when it came down to hooking up to my switches, it was a breeze.
I'm no wiring expert, actually very novice at this. But their instructions and the ease of use with their harnesses makes it almost impossible to screw anything up.

I put the spot lights on AUX 3 switch. Driving+Wide lights on AUX 2.
Fog Lights: I put the 2x Radiance on my regular fog light switch and the Scene lights on AUX 1.

Fog light install was incredibly easy, and wiring was simple plug and play.
Behind the grill install was also incredibly easy. Most time taken was bolting the bracket onto the grill, but even with that, it was easy and straight forward, just a little time consuming.

When my front grill was off the car I got a call that hurried me up a bit and gave me about 1.5 hours to finish. I panicked a bit b/c I had no wiring done. I called John from SPV and he immediately answered and gave me a 2 min run through of how everything hooks up. It was a breeze. I was a bit worried when i attacked the install myself as I've never done lighting hookups, only intakes/exhausts and easier bolt on items. This was a breeze and I can't thank SPV enough for their guidance and help as well as creating the harnesses to make this install so unbelievably easy!!!!

Please excuse the lack of pics. Haven't taken it out somewhere worthy of nice pics yet. Including the pics of just fog lights incase anyone wants to see what it looks like with just that.

A couple other items:
- I have the backlight wiring for the fog lights that will light slightly amber when the marker lights are on. I didn't think i'd like it, but if i didn't end up liking it, i would just unplug that 1 wire. I do now love it so i'll keep it. Will snap a pic at night incase anyone is interested.
- I got the clip on amber covers for the squadron lights. And it's actually a PERFECT fitment as I can remove them and slide the cover through the grille for when i don't need them. So i currently have it all without the amber cover, but when I took the pic i still had them on the car.
View attachment 428085View attachment 428086
Are you able to have all the foglights on when your brights are on? Or do part of your fogs shut off like the stock ones do?

Also what was total cost for this kit?

RobSpring661

Reaction score
I can’t say this enough, Jon from SPV is the man.

I didn’t go with that grill kit because I didn’t want to remove any of the shutters ( my local dealers suck and would void any sort work request down the road) so I went with their lower grill kit and couldn’t be happier. The backlighting is sick and the lighting itself is PLENTY for my back roads to the hunting property and occasional Florida raptor run.
How was the install of that lower grill kit

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was the install of that lower grill kit
Getting the damn clips for the lower covers back in took longer than the actual install lol. But I had it easy since I had already done the SPV aux adapter wire kit which made everything plug and play. Worth every penny.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dnovakovic4

Dnovakovic4

Reaction score
Are you able to have all the foglights on when your brights are on? Or do part of your fogs shut off like the stock ones do?

Also what was total cost for this kit?
Yeah the lights that are wired to my fog light switch turn off if I put my brights on.

Check out SPV website. They have a discount now on it. But it was $1900 after discounting. That’s for every thing that I bought.

F23 raptor

Reaction score
I just ordered the 3 fog light setup from SPV myself! Sidney was great with answering any questions and i ended up going with the Rigid scenes with the amber backlights across all six fogs in the front. I also went with the Rigid SPL for the rear with the red backlight. Installing hopefully tomorrow if this weather can hold off.

Im planning on wiring them to stock fog button, aux 1, 2 for the fogs, and aux 3 for the reverse lights.

Ledbetterjw

Reaction score
Getting the damn clips for the lower covers back in took longer than the actual install lol. But I had it easy since I had already done the SPV aux adapter wire kit which made everything plug and play. Worth every penny.
Which aux adapter wire kit?

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, Everyone!

I don't know how I managed to miss this entire thread over the course of several months, but I just came across it and I wanted to thank all of you for such wonderful comments and kind reviews of our company. I am so happy I was able to help those of you who reached out to me for assistance with your builds, and I am happy to help anyone else who is still needing help with planning their projects or with creating custom kits/carts. If I can ever help anyone with anything, I am happy to do so.

I'm also happy to try to meet or beat competitor pricing, so if you are still just shopping around, please let me know if you need quotes or stock-checks for anything.

Please feel free to call or text me anytime. My direct line is (317) 934-6778 and it's a cell, so texting is fine, too.

Thanks again to all of you who allowed us to earn your business and who trusted John and myself with your Raptor builds.
We appreciate you all very much.

-Sidney @ SPV Parts
[email protected]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter