Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Cam Phaser/ Engine Failure Poll

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Bhollier, May 19, 2019.

Have you had or have a cam phaser or engine failure on your Gen 2?

1. Yes

29.0%
  2. No

67.1%
  3. I don't have a Raptor but will still vote and comment

3.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FordTechOne

FordTechOne Full Access Member

I would not trust an aftermarket device to verify the calibration. 12A650 is the base PCM part number; 14C204 is the engineering part number. You would really need IDS to determine the calibration change.

2. Romans9

Romans9 Member

MPT confirmed it's a new calibration.

3. BADZ

BADZ Member

Is there a way to add the year of your truck as well?

4. FordTechOne

FordTechOne Full Access Member

Don’t you ever get tired of spreading propaganda? You seem to forget that it hasn’t been very long since your last ban.

I’m tired of repeating myself...Ford engineering determined root cause (locking pin not engaging), implemented a fix to resolve the issue, and released a new part number. This occurred in production in mid-2018. The issue is specific to 2017 and 2028 models built before the cutoff. They are not “testing it out on customer vehicles”; testing occurs well before the parts are even in production. You really are a miserable troll.

5. nikhsub1

nikhsub1 FRF Addict

You know, you can click on his name then choose ignore. Then, have a :beer: and be happy!

Big Blue likes this.
  6. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

I responded to one of her post the other day and my response was removed so yes you are right. She spout her negative message here because she is allowed to and so she does.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Booth9999 likes this.
  7. EricM

EricM FRF Addict

You guys sure are touchy about this whole phaser "issue".

It was Ford that designed the engine, they should be the ones defending their design that has issues.

Let's see some numbers Ford. Apparently your Gen 2 customers are worried a few Gen 1 owners posts on a message board are going to devalue their trucks- so step up and show us that that this engine is NOT a flawed design and that you DO have a fix that will last long term. Let's see the testing numbers. Let's see warranty claims so far and projected warranty claims with the new part.

The total lack of communication is what is so pathetic about the whole situation with the cam phasers. Ford is selling $75K F150s to guys who have to rely on someone they don't know and have never met posting online about whether their recurring engine noise will ever be fixed.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  8. OPT PRIME

OPT PRIME Full Access Member

I had mine fixed after summer 2018 and it now rattles just like it used to. It’s getting worse and it rattles under light to moderate acceleration when the revs are up over 2000. It sounds like the engine is coming apart, Blackstone oil analysis says everything is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

that doesn’t sound like the cam phaser park failure issue; I had a Mustang that did something like this, it was the cam chain tensioner. definitely get it looked at soon.

Donmatteo likes this.
  10. Big Blue

Big Blue Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod

How about ALL members stick to the thread topic and let me worry about what aholes to ban and not ban. I think this thread is important but I have had to chime in several times to clean it up. Next time I will just lock it. Thank you.