2023 Raptor at MSRP - will pay up to $1k finders fee (or $2k in BTC)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

trav7314

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tundra is a good truck, just not a Raptor. Toyota is never up front when it comes to innovation and the bugs will be largely gone within the next year. Unlike many other companies, they address issues fairly quickly since they don’t keep up with the Joneses every 3-5 years with refreshes/redesigns and they certainly aren’t going to allow themselves to lose billions in warranty work.

Unlike the big 3, full-sized trucks are just crumbs in their role in the global market.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Motortrend says it's a ****

I put ZERO stock into car and driver and Motor Trend. Although I would be believe C&D more. I am not going to get into a huge debate about them on this forum as I go by own gut feeling and what I like. The Tundra's tech is on another level. I do not jump dunes and go baja racing so I don't need all the off roadness of the Raptor. I just use them for work and they are a tool for me.

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yota's are WAY over-rated.

What "tech" on another level are you talking about?
This..Toyota historically is 10 yrs behind in tech. Their processors are several gens behind those used by other brands. That’s what keeps their tech more “reliable”.

clk112

Reaction score
I stoped yesterday at my local dealership, got my first oil change and asked about their 23 raptor 37 azure grey man that color is nice in person. Sales man told me it’s 25k over msrp if you wanted to trade it in. ha. They’re smoking crack, told me the day before they sold a 37 avalanche for 25k over. If you’re reading this and you bought the 37 at Maxwell Ford a few days ago you’re a *******.
I test drove a non-37 Azure Gray at Lakeland Ford. Test drive was great, as was the guy that rode with me. Called him back he hooked me up with their sales guy. Truck was $80k MSRP and the salesman tells me it'll be $25k over. That's $105k for a fairly base truck. I laughed at him and told him their days of pulling this shit are coming to an end. He told me to "give him a number" of what I could afford probably 5 times in a row.

Sales guy texted me a handful of days later and I had the pleasure of informing him that I found a much more well-optioned Raptor at MSRP and I'd have it in a month. I told him to let me know if the markups come down in the meantime.

Looks like the truck is gone now, so I really hope some goofball didn't pay $25k over on it. I spent a ton of time ringing phones off the hook and I don't think any buyer with two brain cells should be paying more than a $5k ADM.

Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yota's are WAY over-rated.

What "tech" on another level are you talking about?

The driving position is low in the truck, with the tech packages the charging pad stands your phone upright in line with the center tablet display. You have digital cameras on everything and I mean everything. The rear view mirror is a digital camera and you can zoom in and out see what the person behind you is eating and take a picture. I have seen road going cameras before on the new corvette and this is better than that. The TFT center console is better than Fords and super customizable, the JBL sound system sounds awesome, and everything is very ergonomic. The 4 wheel drive and low functions are by the shifter where they should be not on the dash. Ford could learn something from just the tech alone. If you are towing anything you get like 12 different angles and views and can see virtual everything. The hybrid motor helps with low end torque and improves gas mpgs to like 20-22. The motor is very similar to the same 3.5 liter eco boost except it has a hybrid low end torque motor which can come in handy in off road or trail excursions. I was impressed, and went into it looking to downgrade to the Tacoma. Toyota has a very hot truck on their hands with the Tundra. It is pretty spot on coming from the big iforce v8 trucks which they use to make. Night and day difference.

Last edited:

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bought an Azure Gray 37PP for $5K ADM last night. It's a pretty sweet truck. First time I've paid over MSRP for a truck but it's a very niche vehicle that fits my requirements well so I went through. They kept pushing $10K ADM it was so funny... just gotta keep working them. Same dealer sold a black 37PP the same day.

They also had like 3-non 37PP's sitting on the lot. People definitely wanting the 37PP, which I don't blame them, I'm one of them!
post pics!