Trade 2020 Raptor for 2023 Tundra TRD Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It might be less truck but I like it
Ok ok remember @jamanrr you said, not me but I agree with both points. It is less of a truck and I’m glad you like it. Now please just stop your giving me a headache!
College Football..Roll Tide! NFL Chiefs! And the Army is the best lol....oh and Tank is the most handsome dog period
@Meat2022 Sorry brother but I have to disagree it’s Go Gators! , Cowboys, USMC, and Bear! My trusted sidekick but I understand your feelings about Tank! That one I’ll let slide.

Now to go take a handful of Tylenol after having to read about Toyotas on FRF!!!!!

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Motor Trend rates the RAM the number 1 Best in Class full size truck. I find this interesting especially since every Ram owner is envious of any other truck on the road. Toyota will always be known for the 4runner and Tacoma. The Tundra is a relative new offering generally speaking only being in production the past 15-16 years. Who remembers the T100 , lol. The 22+ Tundra is the best one yet though and it took a while for technology and development to catch up to it. The Hybrid engine upon launch won a Ward's award so they did something right.

It is not a Raptor nor is it intended to be, it is a nice quite truck with a lot of modern technology and systems.

Last edited:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Motor Trend rates the RAM the number 1 Best in Class full size truck. I find this interesting especially since every Ram owner is envious of any other truck on the road. Toyota will always be known for the 4runner and Tacoma. The Tundra is a relative new offering generally speaking only being in production the past 15-16 years. Who remembers the T100 , lol. The 22+ Tundra is the best one yet though and it took a while for technology and development to catch up to it. The Hybrid engine upon launch won a Ward's award so they did something right.

It is not a Raptor nor is it intended to be, it is a nice quite truck with a lot of modern technology and systems.

Still waiting on pics of your technical wizardry-mobile. I'll make sure I'm sitting down in case you post a pic of the front. ;)

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What’s so modern tech that the Raptor does not have?

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s so modern tech that the Raptor does not have?

the infotainment screen is huge 15 inches or so, the NAV is the best of any I have seen similar to Tesla. The digital rearview mirror is awesome, the front camera, the 20 different camera views and angles, the 18-20 mpgs for a 4L capable 4x4. I really like how the whole back window rolls down like old school Scouts or Broncos.

It is almost a rolling computer on wheels. I do wish it had a 4A system but it is very capable. 437 HP with 587 Ft. Lbs of torque is nothing to laugh at but its delivery is very diesel like. I would liken it to a F150 powerstroke. However the old 3 liter powerstroke would return 28 mpg and 700ish plus miles of range. The Tundra is lucky to see 400 miles on a tank.

It is the best Tundra ever produced, but the truck segment is competitive and there are lots of nice trucks out there.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So it’s like a GM product and has a tow truck button in the mirror?
How many of those views are you going to use?
It don’t have 4L cause it would break other stuff.
Range is tank size, size matters!

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use my truck for travel work, there are trade offs but 19ish mpgs from a full 4x4 is what attracted me to the Tundra, if I put less than 5k miles on it in a year or it was for personal use then of course I never would have sold the Raptor.

The Tundra is a very dependable truck with a lot of comforts, that is what made it work about better for my situation.

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use my truck for travel work, there are trade offs but 19ish mpgs from a full 4x4 is what attracted me to the Tundra, if I put less than 5k miles on it in a year or it was for personal use then of course I never would have sold the Raptor.

The Tundra is a very dependable truck with a lot of comforts, that is what made it work about better for my situation.
It’s been said many times in this thread and documented throughout the net that the Tundra hasn’t been dependable thus far but you conveniently ignore it and repeat the same nonsense like a 4 yr old child.
Interesting because a quick Google search shows you’ve done the same on multiple forums over the years so you’re quite the expert at nonsense.
If you no longer have a Raptor and are only here to speak negatively about the competition then you are by definition a troll and I’m sure your time here will be short. Until then make sure you have a good supply of Jergens and troll away.