Trade 2020 Raptor for 2023 Tundra TRD Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if a 5.4 was an option for the 2012 really. Fordtechone would know better than me. I know mine was a 5.0 coyote motor. The gearing in the tundra I think made all difference in the power difference truly. I'd be curious if a 5.0 with 4:10 gears is similar to the Tundra truly.
You’re right, wrong year. I bought so many, I can’t remember anymore.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly, that’s what I was referring to.
Where did you get those numbers from. Jesus I'm not speculating I am.comparing the 2 trucks I owned and own. Did some dude named Jody take your girl and he just happened to drive a Tundra lol. Show me this 2012 f150 5.0 coyote motor that makes that horsepower..if you are using a mustang 5.0 specs...why. I haven't seen one 2012 f150 5.0 that made this hp or torque. Show me where this is at. I'm really curious.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re right, wrong year. I bought so many, I can’t remember anymore.
All good lol, I was wondering truly. I knew the 5.4 was around but I didn't know when. If it's the triton motor I think? Which from a lot I read about...never mind I didn't own one so I can't speak of anything I didn't own for that is blasphemy...so I'll stick to the ones I did lol.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Gen 3s with the same mileage will be bringing that same money 4-5 years from now. Oh and you aren't buying a Gen 3 for less than MSRP these days and some even have ADM new, I see peps all the time buying Gen 3 Raptors and immediately listing them for sale. GMs for other dealerships driving the Raptor, or what have you selling used Gen 3 Raptors for what they paid or few grand more. Occasionally you will see a nice used one come up reasonably priced but it is snatched up with minutes or seconds sometimes.
There is a letter signed by 51 former intelligence officers that says this has all the hallmarks of russian disinformation.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a letter signed by 51 former intelligence officers that says this has all the hallmarks of russian disinformation.

Then why speculate?

And please stop with the “space shuttle” farce. It was staged. The Tundra’s frame can’t pass even a 15 year old Ford durability test.
Are you doubting those 51 ??? Lol

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where did you get those numbers from. Jesus I'm not speculating I am.comparing the 2 trucks I owned and own. Did some dude named Jody take your girl and he just happened to drive a Tundra lol. Show me this 2012 f150 5.0 coyote motor that makes that horsepower..if you are using a mustang 5.0 specs...why. I haven't seen one 2012 f150 5.0 that made this hp or torque. Show me where this is at. I'm really curious.
I wasn’t referring to a specific year.

2015 Tundra 5.7: 381HP
2015 F-150 5.0: 385HP

As far as torque, 3.5 had 420 lb-ft even back in 2011.

The 5.7 is so gutless that it needs 4.30 gearing, which is no other light duty truck uses. Yet even with 4.30 axles it still has worst in class acceleration and towing.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t referring to a specific year.

2015 Tundra 5.7: 381HP
2015 F-150 5.0: 385HP

As far as torque, 3.5 had 420 lb-ft even back in 2011.

The 5.7 is so gutless that it needs 4.30 gearing, which is no other light duty truck uses. Yet even with 4.30 axles it still has worst in class acceleration and towing.
So wait...
I did my opinion on my own experiences . Yet you are just finding years of motors to try to win an argument based off again my own opinion of ownership. You again are wrong with your numbers...4:10 gears not 4:30....so you are wrong. I made it clear it was my opinion based off of my own ownership. You didn't even read that I said I owned the 2012 f150. Did you own a Tundra? But yet you have the right to say all you want about it. I appreciate your help always. Again it was my opinion from my experience. My experience with my 2012 f150 5.0 personally. My experience with my 07 tundra 5.7 personally. That's all.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So wait...
I did my opinion on my own experiences . Yet you are just finding years of motors to try to win an argument based off again my own opinion of ownership. You again are wrong with your numbers...4:10 gears not 4:30....so you are wrong.
4.30 gears came with the tow package, but you’re correct, 4.10 was standard.

I made it clear it was my opinion based off of my own ownership. You didn't even read that I said I owned the 2012 f150. Did you own a Tundra?
Jesus no. I’ve driven and repaired enough of them to know better.
But yet you have the right to say all you want about it. I appreciate your help always. Again it was my opinion from my experience. My experience with my 2012 f150 5.0 personally. My experience with my 07 tundra 5.7 personally. That's all.
Fair enough.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4.30 gears came with the tow package, but you’re correct, 4.10 was standard.

Jesus no. I’ve driven and repaired enough of them to know better.

Fair enough.
All good here I promise, I always appreciate your help man, and a debate or disagreement on anything or different views is never bad at all.