Trade 2020 Raptor for 2023 Tundra TRD Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What would have more interesting is if the OP had made the decision to trade the Raptor for the TRD Pro, then the real flame fest would have begin. It's all good, probably won't post here much since as yall said I no longer own a Raptor.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What data is that? I was offered three trade in values for my pristine 2018 gen 2 lead foot with 51k miles on it. 43k, 46k, 48.5k, I ended up selling it to another dealer for 51k. It is probably in Texas or Mexico as a cartel truck and/ or desert beater,
The 2018 market has softened somewhat yes. due to phaser, most are out of powertrain warranty and also because there were “significant” enough upgrades on the 19/20 MY. However 51k for a low milage one is not not out of the realm of possibility. Unfortunately high milage 2017/2018 beaters selling for below 40-49k is putting the trucks in range for
Plebs clogging up the forum with repeat posts as of late… Asking about cam phaser etc for the 198th time.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its unreal isnt it? Many such cases as of late.

How long do you all plan to keep your Raptors, my gen 1 had to have the sunroof frame replaced, rebuild the fox shocks every 50k miles or so, the hvac control boxes went out. Now that may not matter to most you all but spending 3-4 k to fix those issues is not fun. When I got that offer for my gen 2, I took it ran before the warranty ended.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s been said many times in this thread and documented throughout the net that the Tundra hasn’t been dependable thus far but you conveniently ignore it and repeat the same nonsense like a 4 yr old child.
Interesting because a quick Google search shows you’ve done the same on multiple forums over the years so you’re quite the expert at nonsense.
If you no longer have a Raptor and are only here to speak negatively about the competition then you are by definition a troll and I’m sure your time here will be short. Until then make sure you have a good supply of Jergens and troll away.
Glad I’m not the only one noticing that.

The Tundra is Toyota’s half-assed attempt to steal market share, nothing more. They debuted an all-new product that is worst in class in every regard. As you said they’ve been anything but “dependable”, amazing how someone can make such a ridiculous statement. Same with the new Sequoia that’s based on the Tundra, they didn’t even spend development money to engineer an independent rear suspension, they just carried over the Tundra’s solid rear axle, resulting in another worst in class vehicle.

Both products sell for only one reason, brand loyalists. People like jamanrr who will buy a worst in class product because of the badge on the hood and then preach to the tow truck driver how “reliable” and “dependable” it is as it’s loaded on a flatbed after breaking down.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long do you all plan to keep your Raptors, my gen 1 had to have the sunroof frame replaced, rebuild the fox shocks every 50k miles or so, the hvac control boxes went out. Now that may not matter to most you all but spending 3-4 k to fix those issues is not fun. When I got that offer for my gen 2, I took it ran before the warranty ended.
Never heard of “HVAC control boxes” :rolleyes: The majority of sunroof issues are due to lack of maintenance. Rebuilding shocks is a maintenance item, not a defect.

If you were so worried about future issues you shouldn’t have bought a Tundra. Their forums are full of problems, defects, and recalls. So your story doesn’t add up. You simply care more about the badge on the grille than the actual performance and reliability of the vehicle. Otherwise you would have bought an F-150 PowerBoost that outperforms the Tundra in every regard.