2023 Raptor 35 For Sale In Houston - Oxford White, Purchased February 3rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a damm slick idea. You are selling as private party maximizing the price while doing a dealer pass through so the dealer shows it as a trade in saving you taxes on 85k or so.

Dariusz

Reaction score
That’s a damm slick idea. You are selling as private party maximizing the price while doing a dealer pass through so the dealer shows it as a trade in saving you taxes on 85k or so.
Heh slick indeed! Didn't even know dealers allowed this, wonder if it varies from state to state or some other limitations.

Good luck with the sale BTW!

OP
OP
M

metradog

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealers will sometimes charge an "in and out" fee but if you have a relationship it's minimal, $500 is what I paid a couple of years ago when I did it. It gives them an opportunity to move a unit through finance which can mean making money on the loan or any warranties/products they can sell. At worst it enables a customer to buy a new unit from them.

SirFer

Reaction score
Do you know if your dealer would be willing to take a trade? I have a 2021 BMW M550i I need to get rid of but your truck is what I’ve been looking for.

OP
OP
M

metradog

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know if your dealer would be willing to take a trade? I have a 2021 BMW M550i I need to get rid of but your truck is what I’ve been looking for.
That can definitely be arranged. I'm also buying a i7 so the BMW dealer can take your M550i on trade as well. The M550i is a great platform, baby M5 in terms of power!

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am jealous of the R congrats.

Sorry if I am skeptical. Not about the validity of the truck or you have an R coming in. Question I have is because this sounds weird as I never heard of a dealer doing a pass thru sale. not to mention you now are brokering a trade of the bmw. I may just be ignorant of that practice but what are the chances you own the dealership, family of the owner or work there and you are getting an R allocation. so you figured you'd just drive this one until yours comes in. sorry I am sceptical. but too much shady shit online. if thats the case. who cares. everyone loves a good deal and if it coming from the dealer even better for the trust factor.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter