2023 Raptor 35 For Sale In Houston - Oxford White, Purchased February 3rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am jealous of the R congrats.

Sorry if I am skeptical. Not about the validity of the truck or you have an R coming in. Question I have is because this sounds weird as I never heard of a dealer doing a pass thru sale. not to mention you now are brokering a trade of the bmw. I may just be ignorant or that fact but are What are the chances you own the dealership, family of the owner or work there and you are getting an R allocation. so you figured you'd just drive this one until yours comes in. sorry I am sceptical. but too much shady shit online. if thats the case. who cares. everyone loves a good deal and if it coming from the dealer even better for the trust factor.
I tried to do the same a few years back with a Ford dealer in Colorado and they said it was no bueno. Maybe laws have changed?

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to be honest I am more jealous of the R than "if you could be dealer or not". just got great news today and quickly turned bad. a surprise allocation came up and it was mine to be had but now they wouldn't budge on 35k over. I just see a lot of these R's going for msrp and my uncle was a big wig at ford and he couldn't find me one thru his contacts let alone get me msrp. seems everyone that does have in's with the dealers or own them.

again congrats on the R and good luck with getting rid of the white one.

John Harshaw

Reaction score
I never heard of a dealer doing a pass thru sale.
My wife sold two vehicles using the pass thru method. Once in Oklahoma and once in Texas. Like metradog said, it gives the dealership an opportunity to finance the vehicle, turns inventory quickly, and at the very least gives them a sale. So why wouldn't a dealership do it?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife sold two vehicles using the pass thru method. Once in Oklahoma and once in Texas. Like metradog said, it gives the dealership an opportunity to finance the vehicle, turns inventory quickly, and at the very least gives them a sale. So why wouldn't a dealership do it?
I sold my Titan using a pass through early 19 as I wanted this awesome Silverado and my son wanted my Titan. The trade difference was 20k. That Silverado spent 9 overnights in the shop the first three months, traded for a Raptor in Tx. Never trying that GM product again.

Last edited:

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold my Titan using a password through early 19 as I wanted this awesome Silverado and my son wanted my Titan. The trade difference was 20k. That Silverado spent 9 overnights in the shop the first three months, traded for a Raptor in Tx. Never trying that GM product again.
What password did you use? Maybe that was my problem as I keep forgetting mine.

18LFG

Reaction score
Not to mention a lot of times they can charge a “dealer fee” for doing the paperwork to the buyer of the trade. It is true some dealers don’t want to bother with that stuff, but it happens.

OP
OP
M

metradog

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a dealership owner nor a family member. I buy 1-3 BMWs/year and I'm good friends with the GM and have built relationships with many people at the dealership. This is a simple transaction if you know what you're doing and the dealership is open to it. You can ask @blancax3 about his experience and in this case, neither of us were charged anything.

I was at the BMW dealership this morning to sign the paperwork and the finance guy gave me a high five and said thanks for the deal, he probably made an easy $500 on the finance upcharge (on the interest rate) and the sales guy made a minimal commission of $250, the dealership probably made $500-1K in total but I'll be picking up my $150K i7 early next week.

Again, I have a great relationship with these guys so that's why they did this particular one, YMMV.

The Ford dealer balked a bit after they said they would do it, which is annoying after I just bought this Raptor 4 weeks ago and I'm expecting the R any time now. That said, this is my first transaction with them so there is no loyalty there.

Hope this thread is helpful, happy to answer any questions!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a dealership owner nor a family member. I buy 1-3 BMWs/year and I'm good friends with the GM and have built relationships with many people at the dealership. This is a simple transaction if you know what you're doing and the dealership is open to it. You can ask @blancax3 about his experience and in this case, neither of us were charged anything.

I was at the BMW dealership this morning to sign the paperwork and the finance guy gave me a high five and said thanks for the deal, he probably made an easy $500 on the finance upcharge (on the interest rate) and the sales guy made a minimal commission of $250, the dealership probably made $500-1K in total but I'll be picking up my $150K i7 early next week.

Again, I have a great relationship with these guys so that's why they did this particular one, YMMV.

The Ford dealer balked a bit after they said they would do it, which is annoying after I just bought this Raptor 4 weeks ago and I'm expecting the R any time now. That said, this is my first transaction with them so there is no loyalty there.

Hope this thread is helpful, happy to answer any questions!
100% it is all about the relationship. I send my salesman and his family gourmet chocolates every Xmas and anytime there is a new Ford, he puts me 1st in line.