2023 Raptor 35 For Sale In Houston - Oxford White, Purchased February 3rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GraniteRiver

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am jealous of the R congrats.

Sorry if I am skeptical. Not about the validity of the truck or you have an R coming in. Question I have is because this sounds weird as I never heard of a dealer doing a pass thru sale. not to mention you now are brokering a trade of the bmw. I may just be ignorant of that practice but what are the chances you own the dealership, family of the owner or work there and you are getting an R allocation. so you figured you'd just drive this one until yours comes in. sorry I am sceptical. but too much shady shit online. if thats the case. who cares. everyone loves a good deal and if it coming from the dealer even better for the trust factor.
Ive done the pass through a couple times, basically works as a trade in and sold to the new buyer. The seller brought the buyer to the dealer. It's not that big of deal.

blancax3

Reaction score
I'm not a dealership owner nor a family member. I buy 1-3 BMWs/year and I'm good friends with the GM and have built relationships with many people at the dealership. This is a simple transaction if you know what you're doing and the dealership is open to it. You can ask @blancax3 about his experience and in this case, neither of us were charged anything.

I was at the BMW dealership this morning to sign the paperwork and the finance guy gave me a high five and said thanks for the deal, he probably made an easy $500 on the finance upcharge (on the interest rate) and the sales guy made a minimal commission of $250, the dealership probably made $500-1K in total but I'll be picking up my $150K i7 early next week.

Again, I have a great relationship with these guys so that's why they did this particular one, YMMV.

The Ford dealer balked a bit after they said they would do it, which is annoying after I just bought this Raptor 4 weeks ago and I'm expecting the R any time now. That said, this is my first transaction with them so there is no loyalty there.

Hope this thread is helpful, happy to answer any questions!
Way late to the party here. Honestly was super easy to complete. Dealership charged me nothing to do the deal and I had my own financing. I felt bad for the sales guy given to me as he did all the work. I offered him a few hundred cash for a night out with his boys, but he declined.