Trade 2020 Raptor for 2023 Tundra TRD Pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really fordtech, the Tundra came with a 10 year 100k mile warranty standard, and I added the 150k mile warranty bumper to bumper for 10 years 150k miles. I'm not sure about the Toyota brand but I am sure Tundra sells are up 22 percent in Q1 2023. The Tundra/ Sequioa is in such demand most dealers can not stock them with adms and wait times into the 2-3 year range.

The HVAC box are those little hvac boxes made in China, that ford uses to control vent flow behind the dash. Prone to failure and typically only last 7 to 10 years. Toyota uses actual metal frames for their pano roofs, what a great idea instead of the bean saving plastic ford uses. Mechanically the frames and 4 wheel drive systems on the ford is superior but don't tell me the interior pieces and control modules that ford uses are best in class because they are not.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shit I need more Tylenol this morning!!! Just stop! Please I’m begging you!

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really fordtech, the Tundra came with a 10 year 100k mile warranty standard, and I added the 150k mile warranty bumper to bumper for 10 years 150k miles. I'm not sure about the Toyota brand but I am sure Tundra sells are up 22 percent in Q1 2023. The Tundra/ Sequioa is in such demand most dealers can not stock them with adms and wait times into the 2-3 year range.
The Toyota warranty is 3/36k B2B and 5/60k powertrain. The HV battery is warranty is 10/150k. There is no “standard” 10 year 100k warranty. You paid for it one way or another.
The HVAC box are those little hvac boxes made in China, that ford uses to control vent flow behind the dash. Prone to failure and typically only last 7 to 10 years. Toyota uses actual metal frames for their pano roofs, what a great idea instead of the bean saving plastic ford uses. Mechanically the frames and 4 wheel drive systems on the ford is superior but don't tell me the interior pieces and control modules that ford uses are best in class because they are not.
Those are called blend door actuators. Not “hvac boxes”. All manufacturers use the same design. And since you’ve proven you not only don’t know what they’re called or how they work, I also suggest you stop claiming to know the country of origin, because you’re just looking ridiculous at this point.

And as far as 7-10 years, you made that up. Just like the majority of what you post. I just did a drivers side blend door on an 04 Explorer with 230,000 miles. It was original, and it wasn’t even broken. The internal potentiometer had worn out, causing it to cycle.

You can also stop telling us about “interior pieces” and “control modules”, as you’ve made it quite obvious that you don’t have the slightest clue about anything Automotive.

As far as sunroofs, you once again are talking nonsense. Toyota has plenty of service bulletins for sunroof problems, and they haven’t even used roof opening panels until recently. So another of your ridiculous claims debunked.

Attachments

• E4E13507-32B1-462A-B846-2C3AAFCBB83D.jpeg
    E4E13507-32B1-462A-B846-2C3AAFCBB83D.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't make anything up the dealership group I bought it from extended it and it is in writing. The other warranty bumper to bumper I paid for so it is an extended warranty.

Iirc `China` was etched into the blend door gear or could have been on the parts bag. It was an expensive repair and a cheap part. The sunroof is an expensive repair as well. I have the kytex grease to use on the wife's explorer but the Japanese models tend to use metal frames for their roofs and the failure rate is typically way less than the plastic frames ford uses.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't make anything up the dealership group I bought it from extended it and it is in writing. The other warranty bumper to bumper I paid for so it is an extended warranty.
Why do you need all these warranties for a vehicle you claim is so “dependable” and doesn’t ever break?
Iirc `China` was etched into the blend door gear or could have been on the parts bag. It was an expensive repair and a cheap part. The sunroof is an expensive repair as well. I have the kytex grease to use on the wife's explorer but the Japanese models tend to use metal frames for their roofs and the failure rate is typically way less than the plastic frames ford uses.
All roof opening frames are metal, Ford included. You have no data on failure rates, stop making things up.

Last edited: