Your cake & eat it too/2012 wishlist and beyond

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
A.I.I. i do like yours posts alot, and i get info and a look into an area i never been before! but i think your one of the wrong people to answer this thread.... i think your the niche group OF a niche group.... meaning that the small amount of us that are buying Raptors..... your in an even smaller group that love the concept of the Raptor, but it doesnt fully meet your interests and means.....

so, i just think your needs are way off for the general people buying Raptors... but i do still value alot of your input to this site very much!

Its funny that you bring up the niche group of people buying this truck.
When this truck was being developed we thought it would only be a market that the CA, AZ, TX and Nevada guys would want because of our dezerts. But as you can tell its a huge success across the country and Canada with more and more guys buying the truck outside these 4 state's.

And to be honest with you it's not a success with the dezert racing guys because of all the options and 4wd.

I agree with the option for less options too. In an economy such as the one we have now down optioning may open the door to some buyers forced to feed along the bottom scale also.
Agree also

Ford build a Raptor that has less options please.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Factory option for a Whipple, grab handles, ability to 100% defeat the electronic nannies, real leather interior, 7-speed dual clutch trans, AGM battery, HID head lights, forged wheels.

The ability to order all options individually instead of grouped in a package.

OP
OP
AVALANCHE

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To addto my list, i'd say the whipple is at the top of my list too. Another add on is a got damn garge remote option. I'm aware of the mod option but cmon. You have luxury package but no remote. It's like a wagon with only 3 wheels.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-less electronics like the stereo, windows, etc but keep the aux switches, but still have the electronics friendly to hookin up green gear and GPS
-weatherproof interior. It'd b nice to hose down the inside like a Humvee or jeep
-put the truck on a major diet. the luxury stuff is nice but a lot of even base Raptors can be ditched
-offer a turbo diesel that can easily haul ass as well as hundreds of lbs of gear
-matte black/tan/od paint. either solid colors or tri-color
-pillar w/ pintle mount for a MMG, or more fitting, a HMG; cage around the bed at cab level, maybe a ring mount in it instead of a pillar
-split rear seat w an extra seat and 5 pt in the bed, as well as anchors and racks for gear/ammo cans
-storage boxes under the seats and rifle racks in all the doors
-cage the cab
-more durable rubber
-pioneer gear under the truck to dig yourself out, or dig a ranger hole

I wanna be knocking at the door to Tehran by Wednesday. Or at least have a badass work truck like the SEALs hahahaha :drool: I'm tired of these busted ass HMMWVs.

Last edited:

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Lol I kind of agree with AII if the intended use is a pre-runner - but I'd spend half the money on a different truck and hack and slash it to where it would function better for the task.

Crash's ideas for a 'hose it down' interior are appealing for anyone who gets into the occasional dirty tour. I did a couple of my '78s with galvanized or stainless 22ga. floorpan inlays just for that purpose. (Well, that, and the fact the original ones were rotting away...). One of my Suzi's got a complete torch on roof membrane application on the interior from firewall to tailgate - that one was easy to hose out.

We need to realize what the Raptor was developed for - instead of what it's users have detracted that to be somewhat based on their personal habits and experiences. This thing may have been developed in the desert and tested on the Baja - but it is far from a professional pre-runner. Nor is it the best at rock crawling, mudding, trails (big ass) or water crossings. But it's good, and holds its own against other stock trucks.

It was made as a 'turn-key' offroad luxury machine. Period.

For some of us who have been wrenching on our toys for years, but haven't the time to build a capable machine to conquer terrain like we used to - that feeling of off-roading can be but a memory.

Ford changed the rules when this thing hit the market. Us (semi-old timers, as I'm qualified to say - yet have an old soul like Bo) can now operate a vehicle that is nice enough to take a client golfing, and hit a few 'side roads' on the way without sacrificing comfort or driveability. On the weekend, this thing can be a warrior in the trails if needed.

For me, this was an easy purchase based on the vehicles versatility for street and offroad use. Others older and younger than me appear to have procured a Raptor for various other reasons - but the fun and experiences they appear to have rival mine from what I've read on here - so that can't be a bad thing.

As for options go - sure air conditioned seats would be nice, (yeah, it can get warm up here in the great white north) and a lot of the other improvements mentioned in this thread would be great - but as for a stock truck (with many options we don't have a choice on) I think Ford did a helluva job.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its funny that you bring up the niche group of people buying this truck.
When this truck was being developed we thought it would only be a market that the CA, AZ, TX and Nevada guys would want because of our dezerts. But as you can tell its a huge success across the country and Canada with more and more guys buying the truck outside these 4 state's.

And to be honest with you it's not a success with the dezert racing guys because of all the options and 4wd.

Agree also

Ford build a Raptor that has less options please.

yeah i understand, and i dunno if i came off as a ****, i wasnt meaning too, i was trying to say that guys like you who can build desert runners and know all the ins and outs.... you were the brainchild behind the Raptor, but Ford wanted to grab the every day redneck (like myself) and give us a taste! hehe like my Raptor will mostly be a daily driver truck, with some playing here and there. and when it comes to desert running and or jumping..... i have no ******* clue! ive done my share of mudding in farm fields while growing up, and LOOOTS of snow play! but i do plan on probaby 95% road driving and 5% play mostly in mud and snow.

BTW i LOVE your Sport Trac build, i was planning on getting one since its like a truck, but 4 door with a small bed and would prolly fit in my shit ass garage..... but since they canceled the Sport Trac, i saw the raptor now having 4 doors, small bed and just awesome!!!!! but still wont fit in my garage... but i said **** it, I WANT IT!!!!

so i digress.... Just wanted to make sure that you didnt think i was being a **** or saying your wrong A.I.I. ..... just think your neeeds differ from the normal Raptor owner.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Lol I kind of agree with AII if the intended use is a pre-runner - but I'd spend half the money on a different truck and hack and slash it to where it would function better for the task.
But then you lose some of the reliability that comes with a stock truck like the Raptor, plus no warranty.
And where does it end, once you put a new front end on, you have to do the rear. Well now your going fast enough to kill yourself in a whoop section that you have to have a cage, well there's another 15-20K. Then you realize the rear doesn't keep up with the front so you have to link the truck. There's another 10K. So as you can see it turns into a snowball effect and your into a truck 40-50K when all you really wanted to do was have some fun .

yeah i understand, and i dunno if i came off as a ****, i wasnt meaning too, i was trying to say that guys like you who can build desert runners and know all the ins and outs.... you were the brainchild behind the Raptor, but Ford wanted to grab the every day redneck (like myself) and give us a taste! hehe like my Raptor will mostly be a daily driver truck, with some playing here and there. and when it comes to desert running and or jumping..... i have no ******* clue! ive done my share of mudding in farm fields while growing up, and LOOOTS of snow play! but i do plan on probaby 95% road driving and 5% play mostly in mud and snow.

BTW i LOVE your Sport Trac build, i was planning on getting one since its like a truck, but 4 door with a small bed and would prolly fit in my shit ass garage..... but since they canceled the Sport Trac, i saw the raptor now having 4 doors, small bed and just awesome!!!!! but still wont fit in my garage... but i said **** it, I WANT IT!!!!

so i digress.... Just wanted to make sure that you didnt think i was being a **** or saying your wrong A.I.I. ..... just think your neeeds differ from the normal Raptor owner.

By no means did I think you were coming off as a ****. I thought you brought up some very good points