Real pics of 2013 sporting HIDs and Beadlocks!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the USA didn't ever have unions trust me they would be.just look at nonunionized country's it's not hard to figure that out. The union is the only reason them company's pay what they pay here and are as safe as they are as well.like you those companys are afraid of the unions and must be on the same level as the unionized company's or they wouldn't have a quality work force in the USA .
You really can't deny the unions have made plants safer and added fair wages to not only there companys but the country as a hole.

That may have been true in the past. Unions help pull workers rights to where they needed to be at the turn of the 20th century (early 1900s). Now unfortunately its the unions and our out of control health care that have forced many of our flagship companies to the brink of bankruptcy or succeeded in BKing them. old pension and healthcare entitlements are like a big old anchor.

Look at the current state of the The Post Office, the major airlines (how many left?) plus GM, Ford and Chrysler to name a few.

Add to this mess the financial crisis and the housing meltdown its no wonder we all wish to point a finger at one aspect.

And lets not forget the biggest aspect to blame - our corrupt politicians, if we could get Government out of our pockets, out of our way and let business do what they do best, then this country can turn itself around.

Politicians are like ********, they are all around us and they all stink!

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not wanting to throw this thread any further out and would like to say sorry for that. I do agree in some aspects of what you say but the company's are now making billions again with the same union?labor is 6percent of a autos cost.i disagree that the union broke any company by draining that last 6percent. Now the union does protect every one even those who do not deserve it and that is in my view what gives them a bad name even on the plant floor itself.at the end of every contract is a phrase still and always that says management has the right. Still to many deals being made behind doors. Now I'm done.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not wanting to throw this thread any further out and would like to say sorry for that. I do agree in some aspects of what you say but the company's are now making billions again with the same union?labor is 6percent of a autos cost.i disagree that the union broke any company by draining that last 6percent. Now the union does protect every one even those who do not deserve it and that is in my view what gives them a bad name even on the plant floor itself.at the end of every contract is a phrase still and always that says management has the right. Still to many deals being made behind doors. Now I'm done.
I don't know what the actual percentage is, but it's a hell of a lot more than 6%. Labor has always been the largest expense with every company I've ever worked for. This sounds like a load of BS fed from a union rather than a number based on reality.

Dkyle1220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck looks awesome! Can't wait to see one on the road!

I have no say in the evils/goods of unions debate I'm from a right to work state :)

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the actual percentage is, but it's a hell of a lot more than 6%. Labor has always been the largest expense with every company I've ever worked for. This sounds like a load of BS fed from a union rather than a number based on reality.

Look it up! Per auto avg,in 07 was 8% and since has gone down to 6.google it wiki it fact.

Last edited:

E63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soooo......

The 2013, huh?

Think there will be a 2014?

There is a big article in the wall street journal this morning regarding how Ford is making a big push to lower fuel cost in the new model due in 2014. The plan is to shave 700Lbs by going to aluminum in the following areas, LCA and Steering Knuckle (Hope its forged not cast...), Hood and front fenders, Entire Bed, Cab. Frame will stay Steel.

It goes on the talk about the manufacturing challenges as the dyes have to deeper and molding process slower, and how they have to wipe the molds down in between each press to minimize scarring from debris. This has never been done before on such a high volume production vehicle.

So this likely means that there will be a delay in any release of a 2014 Raptor, but I have to believe it will come back as an early 2015 model, lighter and meaner. Just my guess.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Interesting article: The True Price Of Auto Labor Costs - CBS News on the subject

According to the UAW it is 10% and to my point, its the benefits that kills us

March 2009, "The Associated Press reported that, for example, the average United Auto Workers member makes $29.78 per hour at GM, while Toyota pays its workers (most of whom are non-union) about $30 per hour. However, when total benefits (including pensions and health care for workers, retirees and their spouses) is factored in, GM's total hourly labor costs is about $69, while Toyota's is about $48."

So to look at this another way, the benefits push the cost of labor up 137% in the USA vs 60% in Japan. My business covers the benefits and the employer portion of taxes for 25%! and we pay 100% of health, dental, vision, retirement etc. Its the entitlements that the unions have negotiated that is one of the driving forces for older industries to become insolvent.

I too apologize for going off thread topic, but this was worth sayin.

blood

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the new bead lock idea.
Schedule shows no 2014 or 15 raptor.it does show 2016 raptor.
Im talking ford but i guess we will agree to disagree on some points just don't think you can blame the union for all the bad management.ford is moving well now with good products and profits.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Arguing union/ non union is like arguing political ideology.
2. I would be surprised if they don't build a 2014 raptor.

I worked union for a couple years when I was young, steward in fact, and hated the atmosphere it creates. Too much Us and Them attitude. But that is my feelings on it. If you feel different, okay, good deal. If unions make companies financially unsustainable, that will take care of itself in due time, if not, see point #1.