Have your cake, and eat it too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jarret -

Just bought a boat this week. Today was the maiden voyage. The load, with Stage 3 on my truck, flattened the leafs and sagged the rear (much like your first picture). So, I was going to contact you and see if I should upgrade to the HD leafs. But, this timing is impeccable. Do you need another test subject? We'll be towing the boat a lot this summer (and offroading) so I'll need to be able to change "on the fly" like you talk about.

Sounds good. Sell me a set. What do the 4.0" stops run for?

Thanks,
Matt

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be cool to rebuild your mount to hold both bumps and you could rotate it like a revolver style gun. Rotate it to the right and the 4" bump hits the plate and the 2.5 is facing the front of the truck. Rotate it to the left and the 2.5 hits the plate and the 4" is facing the rear of the truck. I think you would effect the shock control to much to use two bumps back to back.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just think out loud that is why I said the hing first but I'm just a farmer slap some green paint on her and go

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

put a cadillac air ride on her and go or is it to hard to pump up a 4. any thing is possible it just costs to darn much. a lot of us not me lol have air tanks so is it possible to just air up and out to achieve a 2.5 ride from a 4 or am I way off? RPG rocks by the way

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, dont put JD Green on them. They will cost twice as much and hinges are awesome. I have been designing this setup for a month or so in my mind and wondering how to build it with my chop saw and welder under a tree. :)

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it would be cool to rebuild your mount to hold both bumps and you could rotate it like a revolver style gun. Rotate it to the right and the 4" bump hits the plate and the 2.5 is facing the front of the truck. Rotate it to the left and the 2.5 hits the plate and the 4" is facing the rear of the truck. I think you would effect the shock control to much to use two bumps back to back.
kiss

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just think out loud that is why I said the hing first but I'm just a farmer slap some green paint on her and go

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

put a cadillac air ride on her and go or is it to hard to pump up a 4. any thing is possible it just costs to darn much. a lot of us not me lol have air tanks so is it possible to just air up and out to achieve a 2.5 ride from a 4 or am I way off? RPG rocks by the way

I love your out of the box thinking. Only problem is the 4 inch is about 2.5" longer than the current one we use. I would be afraid to see how bad the rear would kick if this went offloading.

Honestly, the easiest and best way is get a floor jack and pop them in and out. 5min.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

It's funny, I live by that saying

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At some point I need to drag my Shelby out of this crap hole. YODA:Jedi:

OK, now that was just hurtful....take it back.:flipthebird:

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

And, oh by the way, I have an itch for some tie rods and a power steering reservoir. May need to call you guys up...
YODA:Jedi:

Why do I feel like I just got assigned another day of work??:crazy:
Bring the Kraken!:birgits_tiredcoffee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc