Your cake & eat it too/2012 wishlist and beyond

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you could direct Ford on what the Raptor could improve upon be it Luxury or Performance, what would you wish for? Remeber sometimes its the subtle differences that make the difference.

Sounds petty but one I'd love is my wifes heated steering wheel on her yukon, also the seats heat up hotter and faster too. Power folding mirrors would be a good idea. Could you have air cooled and heated seats too (I guess anything is possible). Rumor has it a front camera is to be intoduced (right on easier more efficient parking). Maybe an optional rear airbag suspension from the flip of a switch to improve the towing capacity. Am I just being greedy now LOL?

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I would like real leather seating, the trim pieces to fit better (on the passenger side the silver piece above the glovebox where it meets the silver by the center stack has a huge gap.) Grab handles to get in (front and rear). Seat belts that come out of the seats instead of the door. Bi-xenon projector headlights standard. Thats pretty much it.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My vote would be to clean up the existing models, shore up all the things that keep customers with 1,000-5,000 miles on $45-$55,000 vehicles from coming in for service for a few years.

THEN add vented seats, radar resistant paint, anti-grafitti coatings, unobtainium engine/suspension parts, and leather seats.

saleen970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated steering wheel, HID headlights & push button start would be top on my list.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
windshield wiper heater strips built in to the base of the windshield.

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how about a STUPID JUKEBOX THAT LOADS FROM A USB!!!
burn it to CD first? I mean really.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
Looking to order in 2012, and this is what I'm looking for as options:

2 Wheel Drive option only, no need for 4wd
No hill decent mode
Would really like Cloth seats
No back up or forward facing camera needed
No back up sensor's
No heated seats or steering wheel
No need for the AUX switch's
No Sync
No running boards
Matt flooring
Entire back window that goes down
More oh shit handles

I'm pretty much looking for a stripped down model that is ready for the dezert. I don't want/need all the electronics that this truck comes with, nor do I need the price tag that comes with these electronics. I believe this would drop the price dramatically and that would sell even more trucks.

And I would LOVE to see Raptor's come in Kona Blue

If Ford was to build this truck I would order one today regardless if my Sport Trac was finished or not. So Ford, PLEASE make build the Raptor with less options.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bluetooth setup that works correctly, seat heaters that worked, seat cooling, tires rated for 150mph, harness bar, 6pt harnesses, more clearance under the truck, and an easier way to unlock the stupid Nav system.

OP
OP
AVALANCHE

AVALANCHE

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking to order in 2012, and this is what I'm looking for as options:

2 Wheel Drive option only, no need for 4wd
No hill decent mode
Would really like Cloth seats
No back up or forward facing camera needed
No back up sensor's
No heated seats or steering wheel
No need for the AUX switch's
No Sync
No running boards
Matt flooring
Entire back window that goes down
More oh shit handles

I'm pretty much looking for a stripped down model that is ready for the dezert. I don't want/need all the electronics that this truck comes with, nor do I need the price tag that comes with these electronics. I believe this would drop the price dramatically and that would sell even more trucks.

And I would LOVE to see Raptor's come in Kona Blue

If Ford was to build this truck I would order one today regardless if my Sport Trac was finished or not. So Ford, PLEASE make build the Raptor with less options.

Is this a joke? 2wd raptor for offroading in the desert? With what your describing I suggest to go buy a regular half ton 2wd truck and stay on road. Kinda defeats the purpose of being called an off road truck if it doesnt have 4x4 imo. On top of all that imo again, 4x4 is free in a backward sense. When you go to sell the truck how many buyers do you limit to wanting your truck if its 2x2. You open the door to the entire buying field and you get alot of your money back on resale concerning 4 wheel drive.

Last edited: