Top Perch - Fox Shocks (adjusting your shocks to level the Raptor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
A little higher and you could just roll over the Civic. Alot safer IMO.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would put yourself at risk to climbing over the Civic and rolling over. A lot less safe, IMO

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a dodge truck that the bumper would not have even touched the civics hood so I am not to worried about my low rider Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
You would put yourself at risk to climbing over the Civic and rolling over. A lot less safe, IMO

Would you rather be exposed to, say, 30 g's of deceleration force from 60mph over 4 feet or face a possible rollover? Actually, I have no idea how quickly you'd stop hitting a much lighter Civic...maybe you'd be better off taking the full impact. All I know is the human body doesn't react well to extremely rapid changes in velocity.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would you rather be exposed to, say, 30 g's of deceleration force from 60mph over 4 feet or face a possible rollover? Actually, I have no idea how quickly you'd stop hitting a much lighter Civic...maybe you'd be better off taking the full impact. All I know is the human body doesn't react well to extremely rapid changes in velocity.

It all depends on situation. Going 60 and climbing over the Civic and then rolling over multiple times? No.

Going 5 climbing over the Civic and tipping over? Probably.

I try to avoid head on impacts as well, but not all of us get to play God and protect ourselves with invisible bubbles.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
It all depends on situation. Going 60 and climbing over the Civic and then rolling over multiple times? No.

Going 5 climbing over the Civic and tipping over? Probably.

I try to avoid head on impacts as well, but not all of us get to play God and protect ourselves with invisible bubbles.

Speak for yourself.

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the top perch position on my '12 SCrew this weekend and it measures out 1/4 inch lower (at the fender flare) in the front than it the rear. Rides a little stiffer but still very comfortable.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
does this mod add any more stress to the suspension or any other parts at all?? i know its a different type of set up but when i did a level kit on my GMC it was killing tie rods.

i would like to go top perch but would it be safer to do middle perch or will i not see an issues in the long run with the top?