Lets answer the question Which suspension upgrade is right for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SDI eCliks are back 10% off for black friday until cyber Monday!

Eibach is 15% off.

Icon Vehicle Dynamics is 20-25% off

Plus plenty of other great deals available for yall!
Do you have any images of a Gen 3 with the SDI Top Hats installed. Only truck I have seen, and it was mostly all driving, on uneven ground, or with the wheels turned was the owner of SDI white raptor with the rear part wrapped. Didn’t give me a very good idea of the stance. It did appear to make the rear squat a bit. I was hoping it would be level without the bed to lift the rear. What say you?

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have any images of a Gen 3 with the SDI Top Hats installed. Only truck I have seen, and it was mostly all driving, on uneven ground, or with the wheels turned was the owner of SDI white raptor with the rear part wrapped. Didn’t give me a very good idea of the stance. It did appear to make the rear squat a bit. I was hoping it would be level without the bed to lift the rear. What say you?
Heres a customer 37pp we did. Had about 1/4” of measured and the front still hadnt settled yet. Hes probably settled 1/4 up front since

IMG_0249.jpeg

OP
OP
Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Exact question that is on my mind right now.
I've spoken with Doug Mikra seldomly and I actually have a local truck on his kit currently that has had great reviews over the past few years. I've been trying to find time to link up with him in person and do some thorough eyeballing on it and drive it around a little to see.

Theres a few ways to put gen 2 shocks on a gen 1 so the idea of doing it on the shocks vs changing the coil bucket is interesting to me. We've done quite a few coil bucket swaps then put gen 2 shocks on a gen 1 with and without the eclik by SDI to utilize live valve and overall theyre a massive improvement and do add travel when done properly. Im as well a fan of the KHC rear shock relocation kit.

I am working with Doug Mikra, although slowly to hopefully become a dealer/have a business relationship with them. I just want eyes on a kit in person first.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We've done quite a few coil bucket swaps then put gen 2 shocks on a gen 1 with and without the eclik by SDI to utilize live valve and overall theyre a massive improvement and do add travel when done properly.
Have those Gen 1 Raptors with Gen 2 front suspensions (and increased uptravel) needed different fenders to keep the tires from crashing into them? I'm a long way from finishing mine, but it would be great to know if I need aftermarket glass with more bump to clear. I'm sticking with 35's, but Methods will push them out another inch.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a cycling test I did with Methods/35's with the coilover removed. Another inch and a half uptravel is sketchy.

Attachments

• 20220221_194909.jpg
    20220221_194909.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 13