Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VMRaptor

Reaction score
Looking for a set of shocks for my 2017 as mine need rebuilt and don't want the down time. Pm me if you have a full set left.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WTF is a "Mira/Mirka" shock conversion? I can't find either, but if its a legit alternative to the KHC shock bucket conversion that I've been waiting on for a month, I am interested.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's this thing? Spelled MIKRA. The conversion kit is $740+tax+shipping, and requires a legit shock rebuilder to modify it. So it's more like a thousand dollars to shorten the Gen 2 shock body to fit the Gen 1 bucket, and doesn't add uptravel. The KHC's were less than $600 total. In my case, (since the truck has been torn apart since WWII anyway), I'll wait a little longer, carefully cut off the top of the bucket, swap in the Gen 2 shocks & springs and squeeze out more uptravel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231022-193406_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231022-193406_Samsung Internet.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF is a "Mira/Mirka" shock conversion? I can't find either, but if its a legit alternative to the KHC shock bucket conversion that I've been waiting on for a month, I am interested.

Looks legit and some say as much. Looking into myself after I get my Gen 2 fronts rebuilt.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's this thing? Spelled MIKRA. The conversion kit is $740+tax+shipping, and requires a legit shock rebuilder to modify it. So it's more like a thousand dollars to shorten the Gen 2 shock body to fit the Gen 1 bucket, and doesn't add uptravel. The KHC's were less than $600 total. In my case, (since the truck has been torn apart since WWII anyway), I'll wait a little longer, carefully cut off the top of the bucket, swap in the Gen 2 shocks & springs and squeeze out more uptravel.
I think they partner with some rebuilders (Shocks by Hanmer, etc) that can get you a complete setup from the get go.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That makes more sense; replace your old beat up Gen One 2.5 Foxes with rebuilt 3.0 Gen Two Foxes that have been modified to fit correctly, while retaining the OEM coil springs that were designed for the heavier front end. Stick with 35's, don't change the wheel offset too much, and enjoy a better than stock suspension that doesn't have clearance problems.