Gen2 swap onto gen1 complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
They had Gen 1 springs and parts. I got a lightly used set and they had the same parts on them.

I was used to the ride of my '18 at the time and I just didn't like it. I know some people do. All good.
Oh gotcha. I beat my trucks lol so I wanted a tougher setup. It soaked bumps better with the gen1 setup but I needed durability. Totally understand why you switched

2012SCSVT

Reaction score
So I agree that the gen 2 shocks are better than the gen 1.

I think you may find that you have less usable travel now with your configuration.

Because the 2g shock longer when fully compressed vs a fully compressed 1g shock you will have less uptravel.

For droop you are no longer limited by the shock. Your upper control arm is now your suspension limit device. Followed by your axle, I would check out the trekmotive extended travel axles for your next pair.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
So I agree that the gen 2 shocks are better than the gen 1.

I think you may find that you have less usable travel now with your configuration.

Because the 2g shock longer when fully compressed vs a fully compressed 1g shock you will have less uptravel.

For droop you are no longer limited by the shock. Your upper control arm is now your suspension limit device. Followed by your axle, I would check out the trekmotive extended travel axles for your next pair.
Yeah it definetly can’t tuck as far into the fender as it could, but only by an inch or so. Downwards it’s got more droop until the UCA tops out. I found a set of 2-4” lift raptor UCAs that I think I’ll try for $200 since there’s no way I’m coughing up $1500 for RPG stuff. Axles are both blown like I said so those have to be replaced anyways.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I would check out the trekmotive extended travel axles for your next pair.
I checked their site and I don’t see a raptor specific xtended travel axle.

EDIT I found it.

2012SCSVT

Reaction score
Ah Trakmotive that's what I ment!

As far as an uca, you do not want an rpg one, they only have a 1" uniball and they are mounted on plane with the inboard pivots.

For the amount of droop you will have with those shocks and without raising the shock bucket up, there are no uppers that will mount to a factory upright that will get you to droop without hitting the springs first.

To max what you have get a upper with a 1.5" outter uniball and one that has the outter joint angled for lift.

Edit: I may have misunderstood, if you are getting a lift spindle, that could definitely help with the uca issues.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Ah Trakmotive that's what I ment!

As far as an uca, you do not want an rpg one, they only have a 1" uniball and they are mounted on plane with the inboard pivots.

For the amount of droop you will have with those shocks and without raising the shock bucket up, there are no uppers that will mount to a factory upright that will get you to droop without hitting the springs first.

To max what you have get a upper with a 1.5" outter uniball and one that has the outter joint angled for lift.

Edit: I may have misunderstood, if you are getting a lift spindle, that could definitely help with the uca issues.
Actually, these are what I was wanting to try.
I ran a similar uca on my f150 when I put a 3” hockey puck up front and it helped the angle of the uca a lot

Augster

Reaction score

I never heard of "TrekMotive" nor extended travel axles so I visited TrakMotive and their product sheet doesn't list any Raptors at all (just the standard 12th Gen F-150's)... :-(

Do they offer custom built axles?

TrekMotive.png

Eventually I will be going King Gen 2's with Gen 1 Springs so I'm definitely interested in axles that will complement the King Gen 2's...

UPDATE: N/M. I just saw jdm_sixtwo's post above after I posted which linked to eBay. I'm curious why they list it on eBay instead of their website...

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I never heard of TrekMotive nor extended travel axles so I visited TrekMotive and there product sheet doesn't list any Raptors at all... :-(

Do they offer custom built axles?

View attachment 438773

Eventually I will be going King Gen 2's with Gen 1 Springs so I'm definitely interested in axles that will complement the King Gen 2's...
The ones I sent are trakmotive extended for a raptor

Augster

Reaction score

Interesting about the 1" Uniball and plane; I never thought there were truly noticeable differences between the various aftermarket UCA's. I was leaning towards the lower-priced Elevate, formerly Element, UCA's, but now with your comment, the SVC UCA's seem to fit your advice...

Augster

Reaction score
The ones I sent are trakmotive extended for a raptor

Hehe, yea, I didn't notice your follow-up posts regarding TrakMotive... so how did you find the Raptor-specific ones on eBay? Did they tell you that's where they sell them?

Just odd that they don't list Raptor's on their official website.