Gen2 swap onto gen1 complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Hehe, yea, I didn't notice your follow-up posts regarding TrakMotive... so how did you find the Raptor-specific ones on eBay? Did they tell you that's where they sell them?

Just odd that they don't list Raptor's on their official website.
Looks like they’re actually sold by Sur-trac which is the same as trakmotive. Usually eBay has a compilation of parts from name brands so that’s where I checked

Augster

Reaction score
Just to add
For the amount of droop you will have with those shocks and without raising the shock bucket up, there are no uppers that will mount to a factory upright that will get you to droop without hitting the springs first.

BTW, I will be putting the Rap' under the knife when I convert to Gen 2's ala Krazy House Customs Gen 1 Conversion Buckets

Augster

Reaction score
Even though my current axles are running just fine, the price for these extended axles is just too insanely cheap to pass on it now so I pulled the trigger from RockAuto before TrakMotive realizes they can charge WAY MORE than they are now. Thru RockAuto, it came out to $296 total (with shipping and taxes), much lower than the current eBay selling price of $374 (before taxes are added in by eBay).

Since I don't need these axles right now, I can wait as long as it takes for RockAuto to source and send them.

The next question is: How will these axles hold up on the trails...

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Even though my current axles are running just fine, the price for these extended axles is just too insanely cheap to pass on it now so I pulled the trigger from RockAuto before TrakMotive realizes they can charge WAY MORE than they are now. Thru RockAuto, it came out to $296 total (with shipping and taxes), much lower than the current eBay selling price of $374 (before taxes are added in by eBay).

Since I don't need these axles right now, I can wait as long as it takes for RockAuto to source and send them.

The next question is: How will these axles hold up on the trails...
Nice. I don’t have any clicking from my CVs so I’m leaving them. Just IWE deletes and I’ll be calling it good enough.

Augster

Reaction score
Nice. I don’t have any clicking from my CVs so I’m leaving them. Just IWE deletes and I’ll be calling it good enough.

Yea, I won't be installing these axles until I do a Gen 2 coilover upgrade so in the meantime they'll just collect dust on the shelf, or be in the parts bin I take with me when off-roading (after the swap, the OEM's will be in the parts bin as spares on the trail).

Of note, the axles are not backordered as I just got an email from RockAuto that they shipped today, so that was mighty quick...

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my experience, when we bought the 2010 it came with Gen 2 shocks on it. They are too long and the ride was horrible. You could stand and bounce on the tailgate or bumper and get almost no movement. We put on a set of Gen 1's on and it was like riding on a cloud of boo-bies, as Ford intended.
Tell me more about the cloud of boo-bies