The FRF Shock Shootout! All pre event details and discussion here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess it's my turn since there seems to be a discussion about a photo taken of my truck.
But first let me say, I had a blast on the Baja Raptor Run! Who wouldn't???!!!

I'm an avid off-road enthusiast like the rest of you and bought my Raptor as my toy a year and a half ago.
It's the LGE*CTS Motorsports Raptor, designed by me, driven by me. I use it, abuse it, and then I make sure it gets the tlc it needs-and
I can not do that on my own! My truck has product installed on it based on its how well it functions, if the company stands behind it,
and of course it HAS to look good! Priorities now. There are many talented people that put there efforts into making sure it performs
well for which I am forever grateful.

Well mine needs a little tlc after this weekend. I push my truck to it's limits (it shows apparently), I do that in life too.

The runs were fun, from 40 - 80 MPH with challenging technical terrain, massive dry lake beds, and my favorite, whoops!!
Prerunning a Baja course, always fun! I ran my truck pretty hard out there, and looks like we got a lot of good video footage,
so hopefully you should be able to see that soon :)

I am by no means a perfect driver, I always think I can improve on anything I do. Everything on the truck was installed by our shop,
CustomTruckShop, not anyone else that was mentioned on this thread. So not sure why that happened, but it did not affect any of the
vehicles ability or comfort.

Should I mention the 100 MPH duct tape that worked wonders as well, not to mention the other bumps and bruises?
All I know is, when my trucks down, I figure out how to get it going again so I can get right back out there,
I think everyone pretty much saw that this week. Thanks for everyone that helped out!

So, I'm not perfect, nor is my truck, but it sure does one heck of a job putting a smile on my face!
I kinda feel like I need to be fixed after this weekend too, ever feel that way? But I'm still smiling.
Epic Times for sure!

signing off now -
Theresa- yes, I'm a chick that can hang and enjoys it as much as the rest of you!

If your married he's one lucky SOB well except for helping with mods haha
Keep it fun and Welcome!

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I get ready to upgrade my shocks, i'm going to get one from King, Fox, Icon & Camburg and I don't want hear any of y'all bitch about my shit!!!!:mad3:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt,
I have no agenda. I am going to chalk this up to you being all ****** up on tequila and let it go. I think you are a great guy, fun to hang out with and we all know you are passionate about all you do. Don't make products personal, they mean nothing. People are what count.

For the last 35 years I have strived to live each day by these tenets:

"To believe in the life the life of love, to walk in the way honor, to serve in the light of truth"

Proud to be a Sigma Nu Knight

I totally read that wrong last night. I read it as "Proud to be Suge Knight." I was like WTF?

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now that I have 82 emails in the last day because I subscribed to the this thread months ago, I finally read everything. Facts (from the picture posted) are a shock seal leaked some oil out. Bottom line here is just like the commitment posted on the first page to this shootout, ICON has the same commitment standing behind our products. We never stop trying to push the limits and learn, always improving our products. These shocks come with a 1 year warranty for manufacturers defect or leaking. You send them in and we are going to repair, or replace it for you no problem.

I did talk to Theresa who is a 10+ year personal friend of mine, and how she dialed it down in her post hardly explains what they were doing down there IMO. Add in the simple fact they were pushing standard modified Raptors to territories of what race cars are doing. I have personally been a co-driver in a TT for 9 total races, and even when something is built specifically to take off road abuse, damage is bound to happen. I personally know this girl can hang with any one of you boys, she puts the hammer down and lets it rip out there. This girl is extremely passionate and competitive in all she does. Oh and let me just tell you…..her paint skills….ya bad ass!! I am bummed now that I did not get to attend, and am just as anxious to see video as you are. From the few picture I received and posted in the ICON Baja Raptor Run thread, I got chills as it brought back some racing memories seeing Mikes Sky Ranch, the famous Goat Trail, and remembering eating at the famous racers restaurant Rice and Beans in San Felipe.

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's my turn since there seems to be a discussion about a photo taken of my truck.
But first let me say, I had a blast on the Baja Raptor Run! Who wouldn't???!!!

I'm an avid off-road enthusiast like the rest of you and bought my Raptor as my toy a year and a half ago.
It's the LGE*CTS Motorsports Raptor, designed by me, driven by me. I use it, abuse it, and then I make sure it gets the tlc it needs-and
I can not do that on my own! My truck has product installed on it based on its how well it functions, if the company stands behind it,
and of course it HAS to look good! Priorities now. There are many talented people that put there efforts into making sure it performs
well for which I am forever grateful.

Well mine needs a little tlc after this weekend. I push my truck to it's limits (it shows apparently), I do that in life too.

The runs were fun, from 40 - 80 MPH with challenging technical terrain, massive dry lake beds, and my favorite, whoops!!
Prerunning a Baja course, always fun! I ran my truck pretty hard out there, and looks like we got a lot of good video footage,
so hopefully you should be able to see that soon :)

I am by no means a perfect driver, I always think I can improve on anything I do. Everything on the truck was installed by our shop,
CustomTruckShop, not anyone else that was mentioned on this thread. So not sure why that happened, but it did not affect any of the
vehicles ability or comfort.

Should I mention the 100 MPH duct tape that worked wonders as well, not to mention the other bumps and bruises?
All I know is, when my trucks down, I figure out how to get it going again so I can get right back out there,
I think everyone pretty much saw that this week. Thanks for everyone that helped out!

So, I'm not perfect, nor is my truck, but it sure does one heck of a job putting a smile on my face!
I kinda feel like I need to be fixed after this weekend too, ever feel that way? But I'm still smiling.
Epic Times for sure!

signing off now -
Theresa- yes, I'm a chick that can hang and enjoys it as much as the rest of you!
Ha Ha Theresa, All of this over a shock seal, after what you put your truck through. I would have to say that is pretty good. I can’t wait to see pics of you out there with your truck. We put product on your truck that we knew you could abuse and have fun with cause, well we know how you drive. From what I hear from others the terrain you put your truck through this weekend, the bumps and bruises it did come back with were minimal. Looks like your truck did everything you needed it to do and more. Can’t wait till our next excursion, till then we will work on some more improvements and modifications and see what you can do with those. ~Sara~

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have footage of her going over the whoops section we're referring to at 80... It's pretty gnarly. A lot of people I know wouldn't have done that! I won't be able to put anything up probably until Friday, when I have a chance to sit down and edit video.

shor T

Reaction score
I wish we would have had the GPS on, pretty sure it's faster than that :) It was a little hard to look down, but it was over that.
I can't wait to see it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.