Top Perch - Fox Shocks (adjusting your shocks to level the Raptor)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Anyone know the torque spec for the Blue bolt that holds the front shock to the lower control arm. I heard 250ft-lb just want to confirm..

To where your face looks like this.....

strongestapple_thumb.jpg

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
What...did I cross the line with that last one guys?:ROFLJest:

It was meant for educational purposes only.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as a side note?

I live in Canada and at my mileage the set screws and shock perches were corroded into place. So bad infact that we had to drill and tap the set screws and beat on the perches with a hammer to move them.

This was with a few hours lead in with penetrating fluid.

I couldn't believe how much they were corroded, but thats what you get when you mix aluminium and steel components.

If I had been at home instead of a shop, I'd have been screwed.

Jeff

trentw12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to know i can adjust the front without a leveling kit and it doesn't change the ride enough to notice! With a surgically repaired lower back with some nice hardware in it i want the best ride! The raptor is the best riding truck out there! It is breaking me from buying a 7th ram! Can't wait to get my raptor!

Fozzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to this site and want to ask you guys that have done the top perch if you notice more bump steer. My dealer talked me into the top position. It rides way stiffer than the stock position. I have been thinking of going down to the middle. It rode like a Cadillac when it was stock. Rides like a truck now.

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to this site and want to ask you guys that have done the top perch if you notice more bump steer. My dealer talked me into the top position. It rides way stiffer than the stock position. I have been thinking of going down to the middle. It rode like a LINCOLN when it was stock. Rides like a truck now.

Yes, I do.

I'm happy and won't go any lower though. I thought it was too mushy stock. I didn't like the nose dives in panic stops either :)

Jeff

p/s I changed your reference, this is Ford country lol