Finally decided on suspension, Camburg, no, Evil Offroad, no, RPG, no, SVC, no, HM, of course, When You Know, You Know!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for doing a great write up - Helio's video was great too. I did a lot of the same research you did when I was planning my suspension refresh. Glad to see the results came out awesome!

What's the truck like on the streets now? Or is it a purely off-road toy for you?

And what's the servicing like for the HM kits? Is it a yearly ordeal or are their kits pretty durable?

OP
OP
06z

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing a great write up - Helio's video was great too. I did a lot of the same research you did when I was planning my suspension refresh. Glad to see the results came out awesome!

What's the truck like on the streets now?

Crazy, Awesome. She feels like a sports car. She stays flat in the twisties and with these brakes, wow. The first thing my passengers must do is put on their seatbelts. It is hard to explain how good she is in the street. I do have to run 37 psi in the 40's and she is so much better than stock.

Or is it a purely off-road toy for you?

Weekend and Off-road toy. I have driven her to work occasionally, but I do have a daily driver for commuting. She is so comfortable that I could daily her. With the handling, I would probably get speeding tickets ripping her to work. :evillol:

And what's the servicing like for the HM kits? Is it a yearly ordeal or are their kits pretty durable?

I do know someone who hasn't done a lot of off-road miles on theirs and it is as tight as can be after 40,000+ street miles LoL. So far for me it has only been a ABS wire that got damaged. It was replaced on the trail and kept on moving. I have 1 set of these in the truck as I have heard these getting damaged on stock to fully built trucks. She is almost a year old now and I will bring her in this summer to get a prep to see if all is good for the fall. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up thanks for sharing! I wasn’t looking for a setup quite as extreme and it seemed Kevin may not have been as interested in my build idea so he never called me back. No knock on him and his team though, seems like a world class shop and great dude. As a small business owner myself I can appreciate an owner’s selectivity with their clients.

I ended up going with SVC but agree with all your points minus SVC’s turning radius. Their newest version of their mid travel kit corrects that. Very interested in any future updates you have regarding suspension upkeep.

OP
OP
06z

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up thanks for sharing! I wasn’t looking for a setup quite as extreme and it seemed Kevin may not have been as interested in my build idea so he never called me back. No knock on him and his team though, seems like a world class shop and great dude. As a small business owner myself I can appreciate an owner’s selectivity with their clients.

I ended up going with SVC but agree with all your points minus SVC’s turning radius. Their newest version of their mid travel kit corrects that. Very interested in any future updates you have regarding suspension upkeep.
Thanks.
How long ago was your install? The SVC truck I drove had the updated "shaved balls". That's what they call it I believe.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.
How long ago was your install? The SVC truck I drove had the updated "shaved balls". That's what they call it I believe.
Haha haven’t heard that term yet. Mine is still in progress, will be completed around summer/fall hopefully. I don’t believe the revised UCA’s are out in the wild yet, or if they are it’s probably just one or two. I’ve been contemplating starting a build thread or some type of IG account for the build. Like I said it’s nothing too crazy compared to many folks here. I was looking for a quiet, easy to drive, mid travel kit that drove night and day compared to stock.