Evil Manufacturing/Off road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco_drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a week or two a video will come out and you will see how much better the HM kit is compared to all other players. The cost of the kits are so close to a complete upgraded mid travel kit which would include coil overs, bypasses, mounts, bumps, spindles and tie rods etc… that it doesn’t even make sense to buy any mid travel kit that’s available. Where the cost is slightly higher is in the install but you will see why in the video. Getting rid of the stock shock buckets are a part of the key to correct the bump steer and other geometry issues that arise when increasing travel. Get this, I don’t have a front sway bar with the HM kit. But even with 40’s, in the street aired up to 37 psi, it handles like a sports car, extremely flat while practically doubling the speed limit. If I haven’t driven the truck myself, I wouldn’t believe it. Then drive it offroad at 28-30 psi and it floats at speed. The only people who know this are the lucky ones who have driven one.

HM, When you know, you know.View attachment 444388
Can you talk some about front install cost? As Blitz said in the video, their base install is $2500, going up to $3250 if you do frame plating.

taco_drifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They retain epas. The way the truck’s steering feels with HM’s kit geometry is very impressive HM does have a hydraulic steering package for the F150 and it can be installed on the Raptor but due to the eco-boost design, the place where the power steering pump would be mounted is shaved off. On the Elite Prerunners, they are Supercharged 5.0L V8’s and have plenty of room to mount it. I know of another shop that is currently doing one on a raptor but the cost is comparable to 4 to 5 replacement electric racks.
Is the rack different between an F150 and a Raptor?

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you talk some about front install cost? As Blitz said in the video, their base install is $2500, going up to $3250 if you do frame plating.

HM includes frame plating as part of the install and their amount of reinforcement NO other shop does period. It is the only way they will do the install because they have raced on their kit and know all the weak points on the OEM frame where a failure will occur. Over 25 years of experience racing F150's and Raptors. What most don't know or possibly understand is all the knowledge learned during racing on THIS kit isn't something you get at other shops.

Is the rack different between an F150 and a Raptor?

I highly doubt it is but I don't know.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They retain epas. The way the truck’s steering feels with HM’s kit geometry is very impressive HM does have a hydraulic steering package for the F150 and it can be installed on the Raptor but due to the eco-boost design, the place where the power steering pump would be mounted is shaved off. On the Elite Prerunners, they are Supercharged 5.0L V8’s and have plenty of room to mount it. I know of another shop that is currently doing one on a raptor but the cost is comparable to 4 to 5 replacement electric racks.

Kibby?

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To get this thread back on track about Evil Off-road, I want to share the POSITIVE experiences I’ve had with Doug.

January 2023, I damaged the front end of my truck at Snoball. After seeing another Gen 3 there with an Evil front bumper, I knew that was the one for me. I called Doug on our way home and placed an order for the bumper, Full Race IC and Turbosmart BOV. Less than a month later, I had everything at my house.

During the install, I had some questions as this was the first time I’ve installed a frame cut bumper. Anytime I sent an email, Doug was quick to respond to help me finish the install. I’m sure he was annoyed with me by the end but he never gave me the impression that he was.

Fast forward to September 2023, I decided to pull the trigger on a rear bumper and tire carrier. Since I wanted the front and rear to match and also based on my previous experience, I reached out to Doug again. I will admit that this order took longer than originally anticipated but he was always quick to respond to my emails or answer my calls.

At the end of the day, we’re all human and mistakes are made and deadlines are missed but to me, it’s about how you respond and handle the situation.

roger7254

Reaction score
Ordered evil front bumper & cobb intercooler, charged my Amex on December 4th. He said it will be done within two weeks. It was end of the year so, I emailed him two months later on updates. I get no email or or calls. Called him week later. Doug calls back and says, my bumpers are getting powder coated and will be shipped next week. two weeks passed. I called. No return call. Week after i called & again nothing. My experience with Evil. Waisted 3 months.

CarlCarlson

Reaction score
Ordered evil front bumper & cobb intercooler, charged my Amex on December 4th. He said it will be done within two weeks. It was end of the year so, I emailed him two months later on updates. I get no email or or calls. Called him week later. Doug calls back and says, my bumpers are getting powder coated and will be shipped next week. two weeks passed. I called. No return call. Week after i called & again nothing. My experience with Evil. Waisted 3 months.
Maybe our bumpers are in the same batch **crosses fingers**
I ordered a frame cut bumper for my Gen 1 back in January when there was a sale. I got an update on March 6th it's in for powder coat, and just reached out again to see if there's any update since I haven't gotten any shipping notification.
They did have me change the shipping over to a commercial address and I am hoping that didn't complicate anything.
Luckily it's still plenty cold here in Michigan so I'm not in a rush to do an install, but it has been ~12 weeks and doesn't seem like it's been shipped yet.
**Update: Doug called and mentioned they're currently dealing with switching shippers in a not so smooth transition due to some issues with their previous contractor. Sounds like they've completely switched over to a new contractor though**

Last edited: