My vacation sucked, at least my Raptor was awesome during it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Left late Thursday night, drove from STL to Steamboat Colorado. 1,000 miles in 15 hours.

Ski'd Saturday. They closed the ski resorts Saturday night, so we drove back home Sunday. 2,150 in 2 days.

Sett he cruise at 85 mph and just let her run. 16.1 mpg is my average for the trip. The truck drives itself. 2 fingers on the bottom of the wheel was all it took to keep her straight. Lane keep assist and adaptive cruise takes a lot of the fatigue out of long haul drives. i never left the drivers seat both ways.

My only grip is putting so many miles on my truck in such short time, and not being able to enjoy my time.

Now we are back home, ready ti bunker down for 3 weeks (hopefully) so this thing can blow over.

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this... My brother left St. Louis (^^^^^ in a peasant car) 3 am on Saturday and drove out to Steamboat as well. He got there just before 5 pm; checked in, got his lift tickets, went out to dinner only to find out at dinner the resort was closing for the season. They hopped back in the car and drove back home got back here Sunday afternoon. I'm guessing there are countless stories like this ... It sucks because a ski trip is one of those trips you think and dream about for months before going. No Buddy's Run this year for him.

VelociRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left late Thursday night, drove from STL to Steamboat Colorado. 1,000 miles in 15 hours.

Ski'd Saturday. They closed the ski resorts Saturday night, so we drove back home Sunday. 2,150 in 2 days.

Sett he cruise at 85 mph and just let her run. 16.1 mpg is my average for the trip. The truck drives itself. 2 fingers on the bottom of the wheel was all it took to keep her straight. Lane keep assist and adaptive cruise takes a lot of the fatigue out of long haul drives. i never left the drivers seat both ways.

My only grip is putting so many miles on my truck in such short time, and not being able to enjoy my time.

Now we are back home, ready ti bunker down for 3 weeks (hopefully) so this thing can blow over.
Brother, those miles in the driver seat are the enjoyable time.

Bonebreak3r

Reaction score
Sorry your vacation was bad. You also need to isolate yourself for two weeks now to boot. As a healthcare provider in Denver, we are now preparing for the worst. The mountains are a high risk travel area. With the information we have at hand, we all need to be socially responsible to protect the people that are most vulnerable. This is a highly contagious virus with a reasonable amount of lethality. I feel as a health care provider, I have to take the opportunity To warm everyone. Sorry the trip was less than successful.

Chananain

Reaction score
I'm really sorry that you had such a terrible vacation. When I was at the ski resort, some girl spent the whole day looking for her phone in the snow. This is a really awful vacation.
I often go to the Blue House Skis resorts, but fortunately, I have never lost my phone. The thing is that we were warned in advance about the risk of losing the phone. That's why I just didn't take my phone with me. In addition, my phone does not cost very cheap, so I immediately decided to eliminate such a risk. I'm just not ready to pay a lot of money for a new phone again when it's perfectly possible to do without it.

Last edited:

LForward1

Reaction score
I like traveling off-road with my Raptor. It always gives me so much fun and relieves a lot of stress. Any kind of off-road trip with 4X4 cars is great. I will never forget my trip to Germany. We got to a special destination with the trains from dbauskunft.com, and we rented some old G-Wagons for an off-road trip. It was so fun driving them in the forests of Germany. These cars are amazing, but I missed my Raptor during that trip because it is better off-road. After all, it is higher and more powerful.

Last edited: