Keep or Return?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The good news is, there's every reason to believe that a clean, well maintained and correctly modified Gen 1 Raptor should become a classic, just like the Bronco & Mustang did. Look how much the OG Steve McQueen fastback sold for. And it was in horrible mechanical shape; rusted, tired motor, daily driven for years in cold weather country.

The day you decide to sell it, look for the guy who already has his restomod Bronco & 'stang, and wants to complete the set.

silverworx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good news is, there's every reason to believe that a clean, well maintained and correctly modified Gen 1 Raptor should become a classic, just like the Bronco & Mustang did. Look how much the OG Steve McQueen fastback sold for. And it was in horrible mechanical shape; rusted, tired motor, daily driven for years in cold weather country.

The day you decide to sell it, look for the guy who already has his restomod Bronco & 'stang, and wants to complete the set.
Amen to that. Those neat Gen 1's might become gems.

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good decision keeping it. If you own and know how to use even a basic mechanics tool set you’ll be able to get that truck running and acting as it should. Welcome!
from the pics, I wouldn’t worry much on the oil changes, I bet they were done. it’s unlikely that someone would install a CAI and refinish their horn bracket to a pretty black without having some sort of care of internal engine components. That being said, I’d reduce the mileage interval between changes the next couple of times.
You may have paid a premium, but saying that you overpaid is really splitting hairs. There is cost vs value and I think you made a fine decision.

Cheers

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Cost vs Value", aka "smiles per mile".
That's where the Raptor shines. I don't recall giggling when I had a Honda Civic commuter car. Didn't shed a tear when I sold it. Can't remember what it sounded like, either. My daily driver 3.5 Ecoboost has a value to me whenever I need to haul trash, groceries, etc. But otherwise, I don't drive it around just to drive it, and the only parts I purchased for it are repair parts, not "Mods" or bright shiny things.

dh2002

Reaction score
"Cost vs Value", aka "smiles per mile".
That's where the Raptor shines. I don't recall giggling when I had a Honda Civic commuter car. Didn't shed a tear when I sold it. Can't remember what it sounded like, either. My daily driver 3.5 Ecoboost has a value to me whenever I need to haul trash, groceries, etc. But otherwise, I don't drive it around just to drive it, and the only parts I purchased for it are repair parts, not "Mods" or bright shiny things.
Truth I have a Honda Fit commuter car and while its not a bad car the smiles per mile in the Raptor is def worth it.

dh2002

Reaction score
Is that the one that looks like they took the "design cues" from a toaster? That sh itbox Civic design was shaped so they could squeeze as many as possible into a shipping container.
Image.jpeg
I use it to transport my work dog back and forth. I don't like to brag, it's a low performance vehicle, it uses regular unleaded. lol

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My bad, I thought it was this thing... aka the
"Honda Pan ty-Dropper"

Attachments

• 1200px-2003-2006_Honda_Element_--_08-28-2011.jpg
    1200px-2003-2006_Honda_Element_--_08-28-2011.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 4

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The honda element is actually quite practical. I was in one last year and its pretty roomy. reminds me of ford flex where you can fit a sheet of plywood inside!!! also very popular and easy for cat theft