2023 Gen3 37PP-steering wheel thumping/tapping feeling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JDMCTR00

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
I just drove an hour and checked, mine isn't much different than cold, that I can tell. Wrap that sucker with duct tape and see if the noise goes away when driving.
Then you are good, Ford likes you lolllll. I'm 100% sure that's my issue.

OP
OP
JDMCTR00

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
Update: After looking at part numbers thinking one day Ford might update the lower steering shaft with a new part number, I noticed Ford did. I notified my dealership that there is an updated part number for the lower steering shaft (Replaced once before NL3Z-3B676-A). They placed an order to replace it again with the new part number. I hope this takes care of the lower shaft binding when getting hot (As shown in my videos).

Steering Column Assembly for 2023 Ford F-150​

• Part Number:NL3Z-3B676-B
  • Replaces:NL3Z-3B676-A

OP
OP
JDMCTR00

JDMCTR00

Reaction score
Update: The updated part number was installed. We did a side by side comparison before the swap and they were both are identical. The only difference was the updated lower shaft had grease where they slide into each other and mine was dry. After driving around and testing the updated shaft it does the same binding/thump. It's actually worse now. There seems to be an issue with these damn lower shafts.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update: The updated part number was installed. We did a side by side comparison before the swap and they were both are identical. The only difference was the updated lower shaft had grease where they slide into each other and mine was dry. After driving around and testing the updated shaft it does the same binding/thump. It's actually worse now. There seems to be an issue with these damn lower shafts.
Man that’s a bummer. I wonder how much that shaft really needs to slide in and out. Would be great if you could just replace with a solid shaft.