2020 Raptor stolen in Montreal this past weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwod1993

Reaction score
What was supposed to be an amazing trip with my wife turned out to be a nightmare. We got married last year and her wedding gift to me were F1 tickets for the Montreal GP. We decided that we’d make a road trip out of it in my 2020 Raptor (VIN#: 1FTFW1RG5LFC70552) since we are only ~7 hrs from Montreal.

We got up there Thursday afternoon. Our Marriott (on Rue Peel in downtown) instructed me that they ran out of oversized vehicle parking spots at their normal lot, and that they partner with a parking company that has a lot a few blocks away who had more space for me to park. Unloaded our stuff at the hotel and left my wife there as I went to park. Parking lot looked kinda sketchy so I was second guessing parking there and kept getting in and out of my truck to look around. This was around 4pm. I figured it was fine as the hotel recommended that I park there. As I’m walking away from the truck some Indian or middle eastern guy dressed in a white button up shirt and black pants yells over to me that the hotel notified him that I was parking there, and he wanted to make sure that I got all of my valuables out of the truck (looking back now, this was sketchy and I should’ve had better judgement).

Friday morning comes and around 7:30 and I check my AirTag location which was in the truck. Air tag states that it is about 40 min away and that it is unable to get an updated location. This had me concerned, however my ford pass app still stated that the truck was in the parking lot. So I went down to the parking lot to be sure and of course my truck is gone.

Filed a police report and started a claim. Then went back to the hotel and notified the manager about what happened. This is when I really started to get pissed off.

Now we had to find a way back to the US (most rental car companies wouldn’t rent us a 1 way rental to the US). So we had to book a flight and the only one that was somewhat reasonably priced was on Sunday so we were going to miss the race.

Coming back to my convo with the manager - she’s trying to tell me that there’s no way that they can reimburse or compensate us in any way because we booked our stay through a third party (F1 Experiences) which is such ********.

My wife and I overheard a group talking in the hotel and a Ram 1500 Rebel was stolen from another lot which the Hotel uses (same parking company, ImPark). This happened on Saturday night. The guy was able to locate his truck because they didn’t disable the gps like they did when they stole mine.

Obviously this Marriott knows of the vehicle theft problems in this lot and continues to make their guests park there, which makes me absolutely furious. What was supposed to be a great trip with my wife enjoying our first F1 race turned into a nightmare, and now we are back in the states without my truck. I assume it’s in a container somewhere in the Montreal port or already on its way to the Middle East. Ford hasn’t been of any help in locating, neither has the police.

After reading through posts in here, it blows my mind how easy it is for these theft organizations to boost our trucks.

It’s frustrating because I saved for years to be able to afford that thing and now it’s just gone because some scumbag wants to make a quick buck. I also just got the motor replaced under warranty around 2k miles ago, so it was basically brand new. I’m just hoping insurance can write me a good enough check to be able to get something equivalent. Thanks for giving me a place to vent my frustrations.

Last edited:

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if this is a positive spin or not. At least you weren't sleeping in the truck. Sucks.

OP
OP
Jwod1993

Jwod1993

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a positive spin or not. At least you weren't sleeping in the truck. Sucks.
Yeah I’m happy we’re safe, that’s the most important thing. Keep trying to tell myself everything happens for a reason but that reason has yet to show itself. It may not ever.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how hidden was your air tag?
No alert from FordPass?
Did the hotel have your keys from like a vallet?

OP
OP
Jwod1993

Jwod1993

Reaction score
how hidden was your air tag?
No alert from FordPass?
Did the hotel have your keys from like a vallet?
Not hidden enough. It was actually my dogs. We boarded him for the weekend so I took the tag off so it wouldn’t get lost. It was in the seat pocket.

No alert from ford pass what so ever.

I had my keys. Assuming that guy who approached me or someone else hiding in the lot was able to get my fob frequency

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. ALWAYS pay attention to Spidey senses.

Hope the bass-T ards get what's coming to them.

OP
OP
Jwod1993

Jwod1993

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. ALWAYS pay attention to Spidey senses.

Hope the bass-T ards get what's coming to them.
Let my guard down and sure enough it bit me in the ass. Live and learn.

Unfortunately I’m not sure if these rings will ever get caught. It’s apparently a massive problem in Montreal that you don’t really hear about (if I had I certainly would’ve flown up instead of drive). 9500 vehicles were stolen there in 2022. It’s right on the St Lawrence waterway so it’s so easy for them to disappear

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what aftermarket system is this?
i use viper. i have the 9507 remote start security with the gps smart start. i added a backuo battery incase someone disconnects my battery to the truck. will power my gps for 7 days. wife is lazy, she starts her truck from bed...... has seperate gps antenna and will not disable when the fordpass is disabledScreenshot_2023-06-20-20-24-34-22_e8f1cd8986ad2073cdbf382cab92f539.jpgScreenshot_2023-06-20-20-24-08-11_e8f1cd8986ad2073cdbf382cab92f539.jpgIMG_20230620_202955.jpg