2020 Raptor stolen in Montreal this past weekend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
So, this is where I will post ideas to keep raptors from getting stolen.

With the wiring diagrams and this I would think someone (me for example) could make theft pretty difficult. Especially if some how loud sound device activated instead of the starter. Just saying.

This just gave me an idea......

Why can't they implement technology like the thumbprint or pattern on your phone? Or have you unlock the engine with your phone. Or phone has to be present for truck to start, sort of a digital key.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This just gave me an idea......

Why can't they implement technology like the thumbprint or pattern on your phone? Or have you unlock the engine with your phone. Or phone has to be present for truck to start, sort of a digital key.
Well me personally am working on a switch that when triggered will make the horn go off when the start button is pushed and kill the starter.
Vehicles built after 2011 or so where the ignition switch or push button doesn't directly engage the starter relay but just tells the BCM/PCM/TCM to start the engine, auto crank until engine RPM hits 350rpm or 10secs if the engine does hit 350+ rpm.

So in my mind it will be 10 secs of unstoppable (push button ) horn ( not easy to stop auto crank with push button, with key you have to turn all the way to off which even then is hard/unnatural) next step might be train horn hidden inside the cab. 10 secs of 170 decibel train horn would be funny.

Would take some huge balls to stay inside the cab, and hit the button a 2nd time.

Biggest issue is where I want the switch mounted.

Last edited:

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So this isn't an original idea, at least for me. I actually came up with this back in 1995.

In 1995 I got my original SHO (1993, which is ironic because we got the 2013 in 2015, both white. Both no sun roof. Both built with in 10 days of exactly 20 years apart, both spent one year on the lot before original owner purchase.)

Anyway, back in 1993 model year, remote keyless entry (what we call key FOB now) was an option. My SHO did not have it, so I got the "dealer installed" kit ( I remember when A/C was a dealer installed option).

Most just wired it under the dash. Not me I wired it to the factory location in the truck. This involved running 9 wires the length of the car. BUT I put the horn/siren under the dash.

Everyone thought it was stupid. Because "no one will hear it"

Well even by 1995 car alarms were ignored. I didn't need the public to hear it, just the thief.

After install was done the shop decided to have a contest to see who could last the longest.

No one lasted more than 4 seconds inside with alarm going off. Outside it was barely noticeable.

OP
OP
Jwod1993

Jwod1993

Reaction score
How much did you endup getting from the insurance? hope they gave you more than the "value" since you had a new motor and whatever other upgrades you had.
They did. I was pleasantly surprised. They cut me a check for almost $73k (including indemnification for paid taxes) which is a lot more than 802a 2020s with 37k on the clock are going for now. I didn’t even feel like I needed to negotiate.

weakssauce

Reaction score
They did. I was pleasantly surprised. They cut me a check for almost $73k (including indemnification for paid taxes) which is a lot more than 802a 2020s with 37k on the clock are going for now. I didn’t even feel like I needed to negotiate.
NICE!! I just paid 51k for a 2019 60k miles in texas lol glad you ended up getting taken care of all things considered.