Picked up my 2023 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After an 11 day wait from purchase to pick up, I finally flew from MA to MD yesterday to pick up my new truck. It was optioned (or barely optioned at all) exactly how I wanted it....and it was at msrp. I am coming from a 2019 F150 Lariat that had 72k on the clock. It had its share of issues (cam phasers etc, leaking/creaking moonroof, etc), but it was ok overall. I was never thrilled being in it, so this time around I wanted something I would enjoy each time I got in the driver seat. After 500+ miles, I think this is going to be that type of truck. I was averaging right around 18mpg the entire trip home which was I thought was incredible.

First off, I am happy I went through the "things to look out for upon delivery" thread or else I really would have been confused as to why there is random pieces of masking tape on just about every wiring harness under the hood. Weird. Aside from the disgusting amount of tire shine/jerry curl on the tires which ultimately landed all over the side of the truck when I finally stayed the night in NJ last night, delivery went smoothly.

I still have a few lingering questions.

1. Is there a way to default the parking lights to "on" as if they were DRL's every time I start the truck? I have DRL's set to on in the menu, but I'm not sure anything is happening and I'm guessing that a separate batch of lights all together.

2. Did I put my front license plate bracket on upside down? Turned the other way, it looked liked it would impede with airflow into the grill with the baffles. It sort of didn't make sense either way to me, so I picked the lesser of two evils in a state where I have to run it..........for inspections.

3. The most disappointing "feature" its missing compared to my 19 Lariat was a simple plastic piece under the 60 side of the 60/40 split where I could keep a jump pack and other random stuff. Everything was contained really nicely. I know they have the lock box option feature, but I really just want what I had. Does ford sell an accessory like that?

4. I turned off the "is there a child in the backseat" warning and it seemed to be gone for a bit, but now it's back? It said it would warn me twice a year, but its happening a bunch. glitch?

IMG-4047.jpg

IMG-4048.jpg

IMG-4077.jpg

IMG-4086.jpg

IMG-4089.jpg

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Nice, Enjoy her! Your plate is definitely lower than most, it probably is upside down. It might hit stuff on your approach angle off-road. The DRL issue has come up before, I believe it is a Forscan change to enable them on all the time. I think there is a thread here somewhere about that.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The underseat storage became optional a while back. My 22 has it, I think it was part of the 801a package at that time.

Google "Forscan" you can mess with the lights that way.

I turned off the child reminder thing, never came back.

No help on the plate. The way you have it mounted looks like it will get hairlip'd on the Starbucks curb in short order.

LOUSCRW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

The DRLs are just the orange light across the top and outside edge of the headlamp. But, it doesn’t come on when the truck is in Park, so you won’t see it unless you look at a reflection. Using FORscan software, you can make all the marker lights come on with DRLs automatically.

My 2023 didn’t come with under seat storage either. This is my first Ford, so I had no idea it was an option and not standard

OP
OP
ekalb

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all!

I dont see the underseat storage as an option when I build one out on the Ford website. I see the lockable/foldable one, but it's a strange move to take away the usability I had in the old one with just a plastic piece in front. Not quite as strange as me having to pay for the luxury of NOT having a heated steering wheel, but I digress.

I will dig through the forscan spreadsheet and try and sort that out. I need to get rid of the thing needing to honk at me when I exit the truck with the key in my pocket anyways. I forgot how irritating that is since I coded it out of my last F150 very early on.