GEN 2 HELP: best way to reverse having a Fabtech Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Save the lift kits for regular F150’s...don’t degrade the off-road ability of a Raptor with that junk. :(

Agreed. To get extra lift, I went with Geiser springs up front and Deaver+3 in the rear and 37" tires. I am probably sitting pretty close to what you would accomplish with a Fabtech lift for less money and I have arguably improved the off-road ability of the truck and not hurt it.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. To get extra lift, I went with Geiser springs up front and Deaver+3 in the rear and 37" tires. I am probably sitting pretty close to what you would accomplish with a Fabtech lift for less money and I have arguably improved the off-road ability of the truck and not hurt it.

Exactly! There’s no ‘arguably’ about it either. You did it the right way. Lift kits done the other way are for show, not go. Should call them ‘poser kits’ instead lol.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
disclaimer : I am really not a fan of lift cradles.

I will not go into why they cause issues when you want to use the truck like I do ( high speed, desert running, whoops, jumps, etc etc.)

If you go by TMX, you'll see my gen 2 with mid-travel, 40s, CF bodywork, etc etc etc on one of the lifts. ( it is getting prepped for a Baja trip, and also to chase at the 1000).

If you intended to do texplex and catch air, the lift cradle needs to go. TMX can reverse it but understand, you're going to be sinking some coin to reverse the cradle lift and add a proper suspension setup for what you want to do.

For those that aren't hucking their truck, there isn't an issue with a cradle. It does screw with the geometry and reinforcement that you need when jumping.

based on the forces a take-off and landing put on your suspension mounting points, a cradle will actually weaken the reinforcement while creating a geometry that can create a sheer point and some travel/steering issues.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disclaimer : I am really not a fan of lift cradles.

I will not go into why they cause issues when you want to use the truck like I do ( high speed, desert running, whoops, jumps, etc etc.)

If you go by TMX, you'll see my gen 2 with mid-travel, 40s, CF bodywork, etc etc etc on one of the lifts. ( it is getting prepped for a Baja trip, and also to chase at the 1000).

If you intended to do texplex and catch air, the lift cradle needs to go. TMX can reverse it but understand, you're going to be sinking some coin to reverse the cradle lift and add a proper suspension setup for what you want to do.

For those that aren't hucking their truck, there isn't an issue with a cradle. It does screw with the geometry and reinforcement that you need when jumping.

based on the forces a take-off and landing put on your suspension mounting points, a cradle will actually weaken the reinforcement while creating a geometry that can create a sheer point and some travel/steering issues.

Zombie, I have learned so so much over the past year since I purchased my truck and honestly can’t believe how ignorant I really was regarding basic IFS engineering/design/operation. It was just something that never grabbed my attention growing up since I was fatherless at a young age. Sports cars and engines were all I truly understood until I started researching the correct way to build my Raptor. Your posts have steered me multiple times towards hours of reading and learning along with some other members of course but your build and awesome driving style grabbed my attention. It was basically like, “hey this guy is pushing his truck so if it didn’t fail then it was done right”.

All this cradle talk is something I want to understand but can’t really find much info based on those terms so yet again ask for some guidance lol. As you know I’m going with the Battleborn Kit after a year of buying Fox shocks, selling them, buying springs and holding off on the install, almost buying the Bolt kit...you know why I didn’t pull the trigger lol and I thank you! And now here I am finally waiting on the MTR Kit but now wondering why a cradle is so bad?

How can I eventually safely lift my truck after installing the MTR Kit if I decide I want even more lift is what I’m basically getting at? Since this thread is basically focused around this point figured was a good time to ask. I want to raise the rear too but Robby’s Kit is spring under so don’t really know if that is an option for my wants. I figure traction bars, springs, and possibly a small block with bed rack will be the easy part. It’s the front I’m hung up on doing the correct way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also went with Geiser front springs and deaver +3 for rears, have method beadlocks with 37s mounted. Cutting pinch weld on fire wall and running McNeil 2+2 glass is working great for me, absolutely no rubbing off-road.