Help me decided if this is a good deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purql8

Reaction score
Want to buy a raptor, need feedback

I’m looking at a 2017 with 88k miles listed for 45k.

The max they will budge is 1k on price.

Drove amazing and it looks clean, minor small paint blemishes. Hardly noticeable on the tailgate.

The best they can do to convince me is “throwing in a 5yr/100k mile warranty no deductible through some company called elite warranty. Mind you it’s at cost so $2,300 for it lol” It doesn’t feel like a deal.

What are everyone’s thoughts should I buy it?

I’m considering another truck same color and year except 122k miles for 8k less…

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 24

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People around here have stated they are being offered 40-45k on trade in with less mileage, newer. I'd keep looking. If I'm not mistaken, 2017 was the first year of the Gen2. I owned one and it was fine, but only had it for 20k miles or so. I'd pass, even though white is right.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KBB in my area is 37K private party. They are going to be looking to sell at that price for a while.

OP
OP
P

Purql8

Reaction score
The carfax information is all I really got and it wasn’t overly specific on maintenance. I can get an oasis report to see all work done and if the cam phasers have already been replaced.

What price would this truck need to be at for it to be a good deal.

Is everyone basically saying skip and look for 2019 or newer? Ie not gen2

I want to stay in the 40-50k range

Last edited:

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
The carfax information is all I really got and it wasn’t overly specific on maintenance. I can get an oasis report to see all work done and if the cam phasers have already been replaced.

What price would this truck need to be at for it to be a good deal.

Is everyone basically saying skip and look for 2019 or newer? Ie not gen2

I want to stay in the 40-50k range
No such thing as a cheap Raptor.
For that range just hang out on here until someone sells one cause their new '23 or '24 came in

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter