GEN 2 HELP: best way to reverse having a Fabtech Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsMe_CAL

Reaction score
I bought my Raptor off the lot with the Fabtech lift (I did not do my due diligence) and wanted to see what kind of feedback I could get as to what the best route of fixing/changing out the Fabtech components.

Obviously there has been some things cut, but I want to understand what changes should be made and why.

I use my truck mainly just around town but want to be able to take it out to TexPlex and other offroading spots to actually test its capabilities.

Currently rolling 37s and would like to continue that. I do like the height/stance currently, so wouldnt want to deviate much from that if I can avoid it.

Thanks ahead of time for the input help. Hoping I dont just get roasted here as I know Fabtechs are a sore subject.

Big Photo.jpg

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would just keep it as is. Other than high speed desert running and big jumps, the fabtech should hold up fine and is a good fit if you want to keep 37s.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its anything like the drop bracket kits for F150 it is not reversible. The upper front differential mount is cut off the frame in order to install the drop bracket. So you would probably be able to return it to stock height if someone could weld that bracket on, or the truck could be converted to 2wd.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
How good are your fabrication and welding skills? The rear is easy. Remove the lift blocks and replace with the factory blocks and U-Bolts. The front is not going to be fun. It is very likely that the brackets and possibly cross member that were cut off are not available as stand alone parts. They come as part of the frame. That leaves you a couple of options. Fab up the brackets yourself of buy the front frame section from Ford.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch...the 37's are nice but sucks if it can't be reversed.
Jason will probably get mad at me for sending you over but call TexasMotorworx and ask him. He'll know and is local if you want to run the truck by there.

Looks like you live in Lakewood??

OP
OP
itsMe_CAL

itsMe_CAL

Reaction score
@xlr8 lol first time walking in meeting Jason he told me it was a ************* (this is right after I told him I just bought the truck). He has been awesome and a plethora of information. I am taking my truck to him in the next week or two. (fenders, plugs, intercooler, tune, pillar lights, pipes, CAI, BOV) Pretty stoked. (M street area so you were close)

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It isn't as hard as you think. Just needs to be done by someone that is familiar with the lift and how they are installed so you don't end up with alignment issues in the future. I will be removing mine in a few months since I and giving my Raptor to my son and going back to 35's for him. I can give you more insight into exactly what it takes then.

Just an fyi, if you want to keep 37's you might want to keep the lift. In order not to have rubbing issues with 37's you will still need to have some sort of leveling kit or spacers up front to clear your inner fender.