GEN 2 HELP: best way to reverse having a Fabtech Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McMillan

Reaction score
I reckon some people want a raptor so bad that all they can see is the name, these trucks are awesome from the factory, making changes like that kills resale value, but to each his own
I bought mine with every option saved enough off msrp it is blue booked at more than I paid.
I saw a big lifted 18 Gen two in Tallahassee for 40k, so I figure the guy paid around 75 added at least 10k now worth 40, doesn't make sense, but then again my supersnake doesn't either

thosedarnkids

Reaction score
I bought my Raptor off the lot with the Fabtech lift (I did not do my due diligence) and wanted to see what kind of feedback I could get as to what the best route of fixing/changing out the Fabtech components.

Obviously there has been some things cut, but I want to understand what changes should be made and why.

I use my truck mainly just around town but want to be able to take it out to TexPlex and other offroading spots to actually test its capabilities.

Currently rolling 37s and would like to continue that. I do like the height/stance currently, so wouldnt want to deviate much from that if I can avoid it.

Thanks ahead of time for the input help. Hoping I dont just get roasted here as I know Fabtechs are a sore subject.

View attachment 128140
I bought my Raptor off the lot with the Fabtech lift (I did not do my due diligence) and wanted to see what kind of feedback I could get as to what the best route of fixing/changing out the Fabtech components.

Obviously there has been some things cut, but I want to understand what changes should be made and why.

I use my truck mainly just around town but want to be able to take it out to TexPlex and other offroading spots to actually test its capabilities.

Currently rolling 37s and would like to continue that. I do like the height/stance currently, so wouldnt want to deviate much from that if I can avoid it.

Thanks ahead of time for the input help. Hoping I dont just get roasted here as I know Fabtechs are a sore subject.

View attachment 128140
What is wrong w

thosedarnkids

Reaction score
Ok I have a 18 raptor , I am about to have a Fabtech suspension lift added to my 18 Raptor. I am from the old school
Fabtech was the right thing to do ... is there a problem with Fabtech??

D

Deleted member 12951

Ok I have a 18 raptor , I am about to have a Fabtech suspension lift added to my 18 Raptor. I am from the old school

Would highly recommend to do some research before you make that jump. Any lift kit that hacks the frame is not a good idea. Fabtech, RoughCountry, BDS, you name it. Don’t do it.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I along with several others I know have gone with the Fabtech lift. For just normal offroad driving you will be fine. If you are wanting to really go hard offroad you will either need to change out an number of parts on the lift to make it work or go a different route. Of course you will hear it from a number of people here that are Raptor purest that think the Raptor should be left alone. To each his own.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Save the lift kits for regular F150’s...don’t degrade the off-road ability of a Raptor with that junk. :(

Define downgrading, if he is trying to run dunes and jump well yes there will be some give there. If he is intending to take his Raptor into creek bottoms and deeper mud down trails then a lift is an upgrade.

Andrewoffroad

Reaction score
With that lift kit they relocate your diff
They also cut off mounting points which makes it hard to transition to a new suspension set up.
I have seen it over and over where the customer gets screwed by this.
I know that if you already have the kit on you will need custom fab work to make stock mounting points.
It is truly going to suck but it is do able with a good fab shop.

Best of luck with your truck, If you have other questions feel free to email me.

Andrew

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What you did to your Raptor/FX4.

Reworked the suspension so I can use my truck for where I go offroad. 4in Lift (some Fabtech, mostly custom built), RPG UCA, RPG Tie-rods, 3in HD Deavers, King 3.0 Coil Overs (custom length) upfront, King 3.0 Triple Bypass on the rear. If you can show me where any of this is a downgrade please do. I have had several guys that offroad race take a look and say for what I do I have the a very strong set up.

The stock height of the my Raptor wasn't high enough to stay out of the water on some of the lease roads where I have to travel. I was also dragging my frame in deep ruts and getting hung up on oil lease roads.

Last edited: