best mods to keep truck running forever

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends how how heavy your right foot is.
EXACTLY.....Doesnt matter what you do to the internals,if your going to beat the S&@^ out of it,at some point it will fail...I do not have a heavy foot in the sense,"flooring it"...Yes....I've done it a few times,well,maybe more...and can feel the difference....the Neck-jerking might be fun once and a while,but having the 600HP without and Flooring it is not going to stress as much....its really a nice smooth and very fast feeling over a neck-jerking 1/4 mile slam....Smooth and fast works for me with amazing top end..50 to 90 nice and smooth,no flooring it.....
I've had Nitro in my Corvette and its just a different fast......Nitro is hard and heavy,and have gone thru some u-joint....personally I like the SC better....IMHO

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Kooks Long Tube Headers and Roush CAI and custom tune. Really Woke the Truck up. Definitely noticeable difference from stock. Headers are pricey though costs as much as a SC. But the sound gives me a Huge Smile every time I Step on it. And I don't have to worry about added stress on a NA engine that SC will do without Forged Internals. That will be a project for another day

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY.....Doesnt matter what you do to the internals,if your going to beat the S&@^ out of it,at some point it will fail...I do not have a heavy foot in the sense,"flooring it"...Yes....I've done it a few times,well,maybe more...and can feel the difference....the Neck-jerking might be fun once and a while,but having the 600HP without and Flooring it is not going to stress as much....its really a nice smooth and very fast feeling over a neck-jerking 1/4 mile slam....Smooth and fast works for me with amazing top end..50 to 90 nice and smooth,no flooring it.....
I've had Nitro in my Corvette and its just a different fast......Nitro is hard and heavy,and have gone thru some u-joint....personally I like the SC better....IMHO
Ok, but who cares about going fast in a truck. I doubt many truck owners are interested in doing 90 or 100+ MPH.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yo! Curious what the group thinks are the best aftermarket addons to keep truck running smooth forever?

Purchased a 2013 with 51K miles last year and now have 56K miles. I have done a lot of visual upgrades over this last year but want to focus more on the longevity/engine side now. This truck will be my forever truck so just curious what I need to buy / do (outside of standard mileage maintenance)

View attachment 441523
Beautiful truck, looks great! Forever truck is an intriguing proposal, how long you planning on living? Might need a spare truck heh, it's surprising (at least to me) how soon parts are no longer available from Ford and/or the aftermarket. But as others have mentioned and since you did too, regular maintenance is key, although I don't buy the "lifetime fill" listed for the transmission or the 50k or whatever it is for the P/S fluid; personally I change the P/S fluid in the reservoir with every oil change, and transmission/xfer case/diffs every 50k. YMMV there depending on use of course. But also IMHO Ford did a pretty good job of overbuilding it for the most part so if I suggested anything it would be Saudi transmission cooler and Performance Automatics transmission dipstick, Woolwax or some similar underbody protection along with pulling those sunroof drain lines out of the rockers and Gorilla taping the holes (can't tell if you have a sunroof and not sure you're in a salt/rust area), killswitch/GPS/Trunk Monkey to keep it yours, and maybe a spare set of shocks you can swap out as needed. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter