Rough/wobbly over bumps and potholes, potential bump steer. Is this normal? What to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atayl5513

Reaction score
sounds a lot like the swaybar endlinks have you checked if they have any play? they are very cheap and easy to replace.
I am going to take them off this week and then test drive it. There isn’t any play when I hand move it. It’s like a clunky rattle, if that makes sense. I am also getting a sound sometime when I turn right, driver side. But it’s very random.

Rattpter

Reaction score
I am going to take them off this week and then test drive it. There isn’t any play when I hand move it. It’s like a clunky rattle, if that makes sense. I am also getting a sound sometime when I turn right, driver side. But it’s very random.
I have 2020 w/ 47k that has this same clunky rattle that you described, super annoying! I have only put about 2k on it from 1st owner & did not notice this when I test drove, but the roads were smoother than where I'm at I guess. It rides great on highway/smooth roads, but happens on side streets that are crap condition.
Once I noticed this, I hit up the forum & did some homework - removed all skid plates, tightened all suspension components, checked rod ends, ball joints, sway bar, shock tower bolts, etc. Basically everything I could access, I put a wrench on & nothing came up loose/worn IMO. I drove it afterwards w/ the skid plates off & was only very slightly better (some of the bolts/nutserts on the plates were marginal, so replaced them). While going through the underside, no signs of heavy abuse, looks very clean. I looked at a few others that were so bad, I didn't bother to test drive.

I thought for sure it was a loose spare tire, but not that either...

I spoke w/ the dealer & would like to have them look at it before the 60k warranty is up, but I am not confident they will find anything & feel that will be a waste of $$$.

Curious on what you find atayl5513 as it sounds like we are chasing the same issue

atayl5513

Reaction score
I have 2020 w/ 47k that has this same clunky rattle that you described, super annoying! I have only put about 2k on it from 1st owner & did not notice this when I test drove, but the roads were smoother than where I'm at I guess. It rides great on highway/smooth roads, but happens on side streets that are crap condition.
Once I noticed this, I hit up the forum & did some homework - removed all skid plates, tightened all suspension components, checked rod ends, ball joints, sway bar, shock tower bolts, etc. Basically everything I could access, I put a wrench on & nothing came up loose/worn IMO. I drove it afterwards w/ the skid plates off & was only very slightly better (some of the bolts/nutserts on the plates were marginal, so replaced them). While going through the underside, no signs of heavy abuse, looks very clean. I looked at a few others that were so bad, I didn't bother to test drive.

I thought for sure it was a loose spare tire, but not that either...

I spoke w/ the dealer & would like to have them look at it before the 60k warranty is up, but I am not confident they will find anything & feel that will be a waste of $$$.

Curious on what you find atayl5513 as it sounds like we are chasing the same issue
It was the end/stabilizing links. Changed them last week, easy fix. About 120 for new ones. Had the dealer check 3 times and couldn’t diagnose lol. So I did it my self. My deductible was 200 anyways so it ended up being cheaper for me to do it.

Rattpter

Reaction score
I checked my rod ends and sure enough the upper joint was still tight, the lower 90-degree portion connected to the lower A-arm was worn on both D/P sides. Replaced with OEM HL3Z5K483B, it says kit but it is only 1ea so you need (2) if you do both sides - which I recommend. Problem solved for another 40k miles...looking forward to someone making a serviceable aftermarket version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter