Potential New Owner Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I finally test drove one today. The ride to me was no better than any F150. I saw the tires were at 49. Does dropping 10psi out of the tires make that big of a difference. We went over numbers. Got all the
fluff Add on charges removed and decent put the door price with trade.

Love the adaptive cruise and bed cam, roof, and heads up display. Was not impress with the ride though. Didnt want to have them deflate tires to drive again. Maybe I should.
Not only will 10 psi make a huge difference, the difference from 39-ish to 32 is massive. I dropped my pressure from 40 in 2 psi increments and was shocked how much you could feel 2 psi.

I went to a Raptor from GMC Denali 1/2 tons which ride very well, my last was a 2021 model. I find the Raptor gives a little more road feedback at slower speeds, but handles large bumps at low speed much better, and all higher speed bumps are smoother. The suspension has a different feel at higher speeds than a standard truck, IMO. I really like it.

The Raptors feel real good on the road, and really impress when you veer off the road. 70 mph on rough dirt roads feels like you're going down the interstate.

My company has a couple Denali 3/4 ton Duramax's we use, and I am always extremely happy to get back into my Raptor.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
. Does dropping 10psi out of the tires make that big of a difference
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but in all seriousness the Raptor may not be for you.
They ride extremely well…people saying otherwise either don’t know any better or something is wrong with their truck
Looking to your original post, responses and you didn’t check for this before taking off?

You will probably get into the truck and soon after find yourself longing for more cargo hauling or towing capability and be stuck with a truck that may satisfy some “wants” but not enough of your actual needs.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from a 2019 FX4 and my Raptor rides no way near the FX. Night and day. These are the best riding trucks out there.

Maybe you’r a better fit for a Ridgeline.

OP
OP
C

csixer66

Reaction score
Tough crowd. Guess Inwas expecting much better but sounds like 50 psi tires prob the reason. Didnt look at tire pressure till I felt the ride was prettu rough and I drive a 1 ton. So if that means anything. Then I looked. I should have stopped and aired down and drove again.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough crowd. Guess Inwas expecting much better but sounds like 50 psi tires prob the reason. Didnt look at tire pressure till I felt the ride was prettu rough and I drive a 1 ton. So if that means anything. Then I looked. I should have stopped and aired down and drove again.
Did you drive a used Raptor? It’s possible the shocks weren’t calibrated correctly. They occasionally go to full stiff if not calibrated, and in that case they do ride like a 3/4 ton.

Mid 30’s psi and properly calibrated shocks and they are nothing like 3/4 ton, or even regular 1/2 ton.

Powerlies

Reaction score
I have a powerwagon with the thuren suspension like you. Just purchased a 2024 raptor . 500 miles and I am starting to play with psi. I think it is stiff. Not as stiff as our rams but they are solid front axles. I'm comparing the ride to my $25000 rzr and the rzr will smoke it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I stand by my recommendation. You’re rationalizing the Raptor purchase but even after being told what to look for, you ignored it. Then you announced your disappointment to the world.

The crowd will only get tougher from here. Seriously, if you plan on dropping this kid of coin for something that by all indications you know practically nothing about, it’s going to be a mistake. An expensive mistake. We’re not trying to be àssholes, we’re trying to help by keeping you from making this kind of mistake