Potential Gen 2 Owner with some question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AUcrnp3010

AUcrnp3010

Reaction score
Take a look in the garage sale section, there's someone with a posting for Gen 2 non live valve , very low mileage take offs for sale. Maybe you strike up a deal with him. Also, I agree with not doing the oil change package, if at all possible do it yourself and rotate tires every 5k mi. Good luck with the purchase, you're going to love the Raptor
Thank you for the reply. I will take a look and also discuss with ford on the oil to see if they would include full synthetic or at least give it to me at a discounted price.

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I will take a look and also discuss with ford on the oil to see if they would include full synthetic or at least give it to me at a discounted price.
Trouble is, you never know what's going on behind the curtain, just like a lot of people have posted on here, the lowest paid monkeys do the oil changes and tire rotations and either were never told or are too lazy to carry the right front to the left rear and vise versa also stripping out access cover bolts. I prefer to do as much as I can to my Raptor, it's a good way to keep an eye on things. My .02 cents

OP
OP
AUcrnp3010

AUcrnp3010

Reaction score
Trouble is, you never know what's going on behind the curtain, just like a lot of people have posted on here, the lowest paid monkeys do the oil changes and tire rotations and either were never told or are too lazy to carry the right front to the left rear and vise versa also stripping out access cover bolts. I prefer to do as much as I can to my Raptor, it's a good way to keep an eye on things. My .02 cents
I think your .02 c is right on...my father showed me from a young age how to do basic proper maintenance on a vehicle and I need to be applying those principles if I am going to make that kind of investment- ultimately only you (me) will care the most for your (my) possessions. Thanks for chiming in.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the war chicken thing was enough for me to just see what this was about Roll Tide! Good luck with the truck if you get it for real, post pics don't just say you bought it....trust me....Prius comments will come fast lol

OP
OP
AUcrnp3010

AUcrnp3010

Reaction score
Yeah the war chicken thing was enough for me to just see what this was about Roll Tide! Good luck with the truck if you get it for real, post pics don't just say you bought it....trust me....Prius comments will come fast lol
hahah- come on man- take it easy on me!
Hope AL continues to do good though. Love to see it stay in the state.
I sure will- thanks!

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
The shock rebuild interval is per ford owners manual 10,000-50,000. the more dirt the lower milage rebuild interval. I had 120,000 on my gen2 when I sold it and they were SO blow out