2022 Tundra stole some lighting cues from the Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You’re forgetting that this it the same company that put a non-functional hood scoop on top of an already non-functional hood scoop on the current Gen tundra. Meaning it has not 1, but 2 useless hood scoops on top of each other. Might as well be designed by teenagers with Autozone parts.

Toyota will not hesitate to slap some lights in the grille to copy Ford; that’s what they’re known for, copying. I highly doubt the standard tundra is going to be wide enough to require marker lamps. Look no further than the 1st Gen tundra, which was a complete ripoff of the F-150. It’s not about innovation or originality, it’s about pilfering sales.
Kinda like how they copied Dodge I mean Ram I mean fiat I mean Chrysler I mean bankrupt when they slapped a supercharger on their V8 1/2 ton?

oh nevermind, I forgot, they did that like 20 years ago.......
And if you wanted same blower on a sequoia? Have at it

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kinda like how they copied Dodge I mean Ram I mean fiat I mean Chrysler I mean bankrupt when they slapped a supercharger on their V8 1/2 ton?

oh nevermind, I forgot, they did that like 20 years ago.......
And if you wanted same blower on a sequoia? Have at it
They never came from the factory with a supercharger. It was a **** dealer installed kit.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saying it's a production thing because of the cost is like rams and fords putting roof clearance lights on 250's and 2500's. They aren't needed unless it's a 3500 but yet it's an option for a couple hundred bucks. With that said, I could see Toyota spending a small amount create a look they believe will pull-in buyers.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize that it's a new truck, but I don't think it's a great look for Toyota to introduce it by releasing a vague photo with an obvious styling cue that was taken directly from the Raptor.

There's no chance that Toyota is releasing a Raptor competitor, so the teaser for the new truck is just a straight up grab for the trend that Ford initiated.
Unless .... It is actually big and wide enough to legally require the lights.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely pathetic that they are now copying the Raptor’s grille to try and capture sales. Almost as pathetic as the “1794” edition that was a cheap ripoff of the King Ranch. Toyota will stop at nothing to steal market share regardless of how inferior their product is. Not sure why anyone would support that or want it to be a success, it’s a complete ripoff of American trucks.

Toyota “reliability” is also a complete farce. I’ve repaired just as many head gaskets, wheel bearings, suspension components, transmissions, axles, etc on Toyotas as any other vehicle; they aren’t superior in any way. Never mind the rust issues. The only reason they tend to score well is that they use antiquated components, so they work out the bugs and then use the same design for 15 to 20 years. Which is why a 2020 4Runner uses a 20 year old 4.0 V6 and 5 speed automatic that gets worse fuel economy that a full size pickup.

The Japanese are carpet baggers, plain and simple. Full size pickups do not exist in Japan; they have zero experience, so they rely on copying others and while promoting their “assembled in USA” propaganda. The reality is that they pay low non-Union wages in their US plants while hauling tens of billions of dollars out of this country every year. No red blooded American should support that, it’s disgusting.
Just wait until China starts flooding western markets with their complete cheap ass identical copies. All Asia knows how to do. They are not innovators. It is the communist mindset. Will always hold them back.