2022 Tundra stole some lighting cues from the Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toyota can install a none SAE light and get away with it? Claim it’s for off-road use? Like you said, people who don’t know will have it on all the time going down the road.
Apparently it can only be activated with the high beams. Which of course goes against every federal regulation I'm aware of; even the fog lights can't be on with the high beams. Unless Toyoder found a loophole in FMVSS regulations, I don't see how this is legal at all. And if it is a loophole, get ready to be blinded by T uRD drivers with their high beams and light bars on...

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't heard any confirmation of that, so any info would be interesting. I have to believe that it's all marketing, considering they added the option of a grill mounted light bar as well.

I have to say that I hate that they're doing the light bar--if you need one, you'll install one yourselves. If you don't need one, rest assured it'll be blinding you on the highway at every opportunity.

I believe the TFL debut mentioned it

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the TFL debut mentioned it
That's not exactly a confirmation. The interesting thing to me is that I've heard more about the lights than I have about any hardware that would legally necessitate the lights.

Live Free

Reaction score
The new Tundra is playing some major catch up, and honestly, other than the huge grill, I think they did a pretty good job updating not only the styling but the tech inside. Will be interested to see one in person...

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new Tundra is playing some major catch up, and honestly, other than the huge grill, I think they did a pretty good job updating not only the styling but the tech inside. Will be interested to see one in person...
It does look pretty dang good inside, not gonna lie. But it needs to when we know it won't be refreshed until 2035

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I believe they are >80" wide.

I wish Toyota would get off their asses already and make a heavy duty truck. The market is there.

They can’t even build a 1/2 ton that is competitive. Light duty full size trucks don’t exist in Japan; never mind HD. They have zero understanding or experience.

Here’s their tundra failing one of the most basic light duty F-Series durability tests; the bed hits the cab.

toyota-tundra-car.gif

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They can’t even build a 1/2 ton that is competitive. Light duty full size trucks don’t exist in Japan; never mind HD. They have zero understanding or experience.

Here’s their tundra failing one of the most basic light duty F-Series durability tests; the bed hits the cab.

View attachment 321692
I’ve seen that video but that’s getting close to 20 years old iirc

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 321692
This has to be CG! No way this is real

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m one of the geniuses who purchased a new 2007 Tundra when they came out. 5.7 was nice but a gas hog. Had the trd suspension and it was rough as hell and the bed shook like crazy. Low payload rating and when towing my Ski boat the rear bottomed constantly. Then the dash sunk. Owned it 1 year and dumped it. C553807C-A843-44DD-BFAC-E190D6342F39.jpeg

Last edited: