Raptor vs F150 Platnium 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

No, No, It really is. Even the compound in the tires is different. something they added to the mix to give more rebound resulting in more HP and TQ. The paint was mixed a special way as to make it lighter. And all the glass production used less silica to make it 75% lighter. the 2014 SE especially in black were all carbon fiber bodies.

It's a joke lighten up....

I wasn't sure man.. I've talked to guys and they literally think their stock Raptor is the fastest Raptor ever and they truly believe that they can smoke anybody's Raptor on the road! I thought you might be one of those guys, but I'm glad to hear your not! haha

OP
OP
Supercup

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, No, It really is. Even the compound in the tires is different. something they added to the mix to give more rebound resulting in more HP and TQ. The paint was mixed a special way as to make it lighter. And all the glass production used less silica to make it 75% lighter. the 2014 SE especially in black were all carbon fiber bodies.

The carbon fiber body on my black screw 2014 reduces the total truck weight by 635 pounds - improving the power to weight ratio and making it a faster truck!

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't tell if you guys are joking or not,

BUT, I don't want people walking around with false info.

Who is telling you Raptors have Carbon Fiber body parts?

All Raptor's have Fiber Glass hoods and front fenders that's it.

Now if the 2016 Raptor comes out with an aluminum body then it's going to be lighter by 600 lbs. + or -

Last edited:

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't tell if you guys are joking or not,

BUT, I don't want people walking around with false info.

Who is telling you Raptors have Carbon Fiber body parts?

All Raptor's have Fiber Glass hoods and front fenders that's it.

Now if the 2016 Raptor comes out with an aluminum body then it's going to be lighter by 600 lbs. + or -
Mine states its a joke.

chrisnack

Reaction score
interesting read, thanks. Surprising how low the mileage on the ecoboost is, i tend to average 12mpg around town and 14mpg on the highway with my raptor.. i saw 16 once... must have had a hell of a tailwind..