Raptor vs F150 Platnium 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 17706

Its a 2014 Screw SE. The special Edition is the fastest and most street and off road capable raptor Ford made. For some reason they Juiced it up all around for the last year. :driver:

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

I always wanted to get a F250 and put a Smart car in the bed and just drive around as my daily driver. Just cause I could and really to **** off the Prius crowd.

Never did it though

Haha um I really don't know what your talking about, when you say the special edition is the fastest and most street and off road Raptor that Ford ever made?? Because last time I checked it's no different then any other 13, or 14 Raptor. Haha your black and red seats might make you think your more sporty, but in reality your no different then any other color.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Overall both are nice trucks. But the Raptor is the real value.

Platnium - $53k MSRP (brother's 2013)
Raptor - $56k MSRP (my 2014)

So essentially you are geting better seats, wheels, tires, wider truck body, offroad shocks and springs and extended track with aluminum control arms all for about $3K - something you could never touch aftermarket. So that is a great value.

I've been told by several dealers that Ford actually loses money on each Raptor.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those poor dealers. I feel so sorry for them. :ROFLJest:

The dealers makes money, but Ford could lose money. Since its a Halo vehicle, it wouldn't be unusual to lose money. I lucked out and got for $1000 over invoice, but the dealer still made money on the truck.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Ford is making more money on a King Ranch, or Platinum than the on a Raptor but it's unlikely they're losing money on the Raptor.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been told by several dealers that Ford actually loses money on each Raptor.

On some SE vehicles they may break even or lose some money but with how they ramped up Raptor production over the years I bet that's not the case.

LITTLEELVISDAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha um I really don't know what your talking about, when you say the special edition is the fastest and most street and off road Raptor that Ford ever made?? Because last time I checked it's no different then any other 13, or 14 Raptor. Haha your black and red seats might make you think your more sporty, but in reality your no different then any other color.
No, No, It really is. Even the compound in the tires is different. something they added to the mix to give more rebound resulting in more HP and TQ. The paint was mixed a special way as to make it lighter. And all the glass production used less silica to make it 75% lighter. the 2014 SE especially in black were all carbon fiber bodies.

It's a joke lighten up....