New 24 model vs slightly used 22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DatGuy14

Reaction score
I had a similar decision to make with both a '23 and '24 that were available locally, though there was no ADM on either. I ended up getting a used '22 for about 16K cheaper. The cash was just way more valuable than the incremental changes, and the feeling of 'new'.

The window sticker looks normal. I think the only major option missing from that sticker is the blue interior

markgyver

Reaction score
for me it’s how long do you wanna keep the truck. If you’re gonna drive a stock truck, $75,000 worth of payments over five years or $100,000 worth of payments over six or seven years you’re over $2000 a month either way . if you’re driving five year old truck that needs maintenance or any kind of repairs, not covered on a warranty you’re out of pocket could be $4000 to start. For something with payments about the same and you’re going to keep, you have to put some value on risk avoidance advantage of having a manufacture deal with issues.

yeah there’s depreciation, but only if you are going to sell it. Your monthly truck payment covers the first three years of mechanical risk . Are you ready to self-insure for any mechanical risk on the used vehicle? What's that worth if you are keeping for a long time.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
for me it’s how long do you wanna keep the truck. If you’re gonna drive a stock truck, $75,000 worth of payments over five years or $100,000 worth of payments over six or seven years you’re over $2000 a month either way . if you’re driving five year old truck that needs maintenance or any kind of repairs, not covered on a warranty you’re out of pocket could be $4000 to start. For something with payments about the same and you’re going to keep, you have to put some value on risk avoidance advantage of having a manufacture deal with issues.

yeah there’s depreciation, but only if you are going to sell it. Your monthly truck payment covers the first three years of mechanical risk . Are you ready to self-insure for any mechanical risk on the used vehicle? What's that worth if you are keeping for a long time.

Good points, but I think most pay cash in these days of high interest rates. Unless the interest can be deducted somehow.

Reaction score
No brainer. 22’ is still like new and someone else paid the depreciation. With current auto interest rates I’d pay cash if possible.

TrailRunner

Reaction score
I'd go with the '22 and save the money. But that's just me being a peasant...

Or you could go with the '22 and blow the extra $25k on unnecessary mods :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
J

Jaxes

Reaction score
From a depreciation point I'd go for the used one IF it's in very good condition because even at $75k that's not a very good deal but it's fair. If you want the new one just tell them MSRP. Financing is going to be crap on either with current rates.
Ya you’re right on all those posts

OP
OP
J

Jaxes

Reaction score
I'd go with the '22 and save the money. But that's just me being a peasant...

Or you could go with the '22 and blow the extra $25k on unnecessary mods :Big Laugh:
Hahah both good options to consider! I would def pocket the cash and eye a car to add down the road. Start the fund with that

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I own a 22 37PP. LOVE the truck. 19k miles so far.

Have done the following....

SDI top hats
Husky wheel well liners
Goosetuned
12" sub/ amp/ underseat box
Sound deadening in doors
Tint
AFE Momentum GT intake
COBB engine bay goodies
JLT catch can
VTA "mod"
Method 305NV 0 offset wheels
37x12.5x17 Falken AT3W tires
Black ice air freshener

I have $400 payments for 17 more months. The only other things id like to do would be more go-fast mods and MAYBE bumpers...

The Gen3 2.0 isnt worth it FOR ME. I dont think it looks better and the new twin valve shocks are not ground breaking...they are cool tho. Im waiting for the next "full gen update" over a refresh. Its like iphones... upgrading every single a new one comes out isnt worth it even if it now comes in GREEN lol.

Just my 2 cents.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? Just save the 20k+ and call it good? You think they will depreciate more now that everyone wants the newer “version” ?
I think 21-24s will have very similar rates of depreciation, little changes like this matter more to the original owner than 4-5 years down the line. Even with some of the missing stuff in the 2023s, the dealer when you trade it in is just going to put the VIN in and give you a number. They aren't going to have the sales guy go out to confirm if its got a heated steering wheel or not. Same with the dual valve, a 24 might command an extra grand if they turn out to be amazing. This isn't like Ferraris where very specific configurations, model years, transmissions etc....command dramatically different amounts of money.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter