19 model to 23/24 model, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

HSrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I will do that until this time next year and see what things look like then. No rush the 19 works fine so for now it will do. Plus that will give me a year or so to see how things are looking in retirement and all that fun stuff.

Thanks for all the input guys.

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 has 42k miles on it and looks and drives amazing. I got it for $7k off MSRP and I see absolutely NO REASON to bother, especially considering how much the same truck has increased in price and how unwilling dealers are to negotiate. I've never been so unexcited about cars in general as I am these days, and I've been a car guy all my life. The pandemic screwed a lot of things up, my attitude toward dealerships and truck prices being two of them.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
My 2019 has 42k miles on it and looks and drives amazing. I got it for $7k off MSRP and I see absolutely NO REASON to bother, especially considering how much the same truck has increased in price and how unwilling dealers are to negotiate. I've never been so unexcited about cars in general as I am these days, and I've been a car guy all my life. The pandemic screwed a lot of things up, my attitude toward dealerships and truck prices being two of them.
same....on 34K on my 20'. You nailed it though. The dealerships greed has been a huge turn off for me.

Johan

Reaction score
Since we are comparing, does anyone have a towing comparison? Currently have an 18 on deavers as i tow a 5k camper now and then. How does the Gen3 tow, would I have to alter the suspension at all considering the new setup? Thanks for any input. I do love my 18 with 40k miles but have the itch...

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
All dealerships aren't greedy; just looking in the wrong places.
True but you remember when all you had to do was look for a vehicle in your region and shop for the best deal available. Now looking for a deal also requires you find a car transportation service, taking a few days off of work if you plan on driving it back and or looking at flights. The search now is nationwide.

I bought mine just under MSRP in California but I did have to drive 600 miles because all the local dealers in my area were being greedy.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since we are comparing, does anyone have a towing comparison? Currently have an 18 on deavers as i tow a 5k camper now and then. How does the Gen3 tow, would I have to alter the suspension at all considering the new setup? Thanks for any input. I do love my 18 with 40k miles but have the itch...
Search the towing threads. Don’t start a thread…use the search engine and post in the applicable thread.

Now looking for a deal also requires you find a car transportation service, taking a few days off of work if you plan on driving it back and or looking at flights. The search now is nationwide.
This was still the case back in ‘21 for some…search the earlier threads. Nothing has changed.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Search the towing threads. Don’t start a thread…use the search engine and post in the applicable thread.

This was still the case back in ‘21 for some…search the earlier threads. Nothing has changed.
I agree, that is the case with the Gen 3 but when I was searching for my Gen 2 it was not the case. Everyone knew Raptors had markups in certain regions. We all knew we could go to other states and get them at a discount when compared to ca, az, and ut dealerships. However it seems like most dealers are doing markups now. When I was searching for my Gen 2, I almost bought one in SD and another Minneapolis. The savings however was not worth my loss of work and was also wiped away with transportation cost.

Tbogo

Reaction score
21-24 models are all pretty similar with some 21 models having heated steering wheels. I would opt for a LOW mileage 21 model at quite a discount from a 23-24.