Wait for my ‘24 Base model or jump on ‘23 37pkg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

ziggy2022

Reaction score
You live in CA, not sure you need a heating steering wheel?

On a similar note: WTF is it with the all the Ford guys and their yuppie heated steering wheels?
I also imagine that when people hear “California” they first picture Southern California or the desert. Northern California by the Ocean gets rather chilly in the winter months at times - obviously not like Minnesota or Wisconsin cold, but after you’ve been here for over 4 years you get a little soft

OP
OP
Z

ziggy2022

Reaction score
Why not wait for a 2024 37 package?
I actually never wanted the 37 pkg - partly because I didn’t want any of the power sucked up by the bigger tires, loss of travel and the markups. The ‘24 37’s won’t even be built until close to summer. I just felt that the 35 was a better bang for the buck package - plus I was/am getting it at MSRP.

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
In Raptor land a truck in drive way beats a promise to get you one by about 15 million smiles. Many people say the no sunroof is better. I would take the open shade close shade 100% versus no view. Just know if you open sunroof at some point in the future it will more than likely break!! Yes many say it won’t but over time it will it is just a Ford thing they still refuse to fix #@£¥€^#!!

Best guess for 2024 37 delivery June earliest Sep likely, price up at least $5k. Based on today’s 2024 availability very hard to get at MSRP. Many dealers when trucks arrive and supply/demands change they often decide it is time for a mark-up, sadly happens to often.

Good luck any new Raptor beats no Raptor.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush… buy it! Interest rates are going to go up at least 1more time, that and the price increases would push me into the 23. Can’t you just put 35’s on it? Also in in California in the mountains at 6800 feet so yeah I like my heater steering wheel. Also my 23 with 37’s has the heated wheel, are all 23’s not supposed to have them?

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. A heated steering wheel wasn't a deal breaker for me at all. Been in the high 20s, low 30s a number of mornings here in SE PA and with remote start and auto climate control my wheel is warm in the less than 5 mins it takes me to get in my truck (the seats heat up quickly too). My wife never uses hers in her X5 and both our vehicles live outside. And she is a tiny thing at 5', 96 lbs lol. It is a fairly straight forward retrofit though it you have to have one.

Last edited:

Rattpter

Reaction score
So, I have a build date of 1/8 for a base in Agate metallic black - no moonroof cuz … no moonroof. MSRP.

Got a phone call from my salesman today - unexpectedly, a company that they sell to said they were done for ‘23 and would not be taking delivery of an Agate metallic black with the 37 pkg. if I went for it, I’m losing out on a heated steering wheel and the HUD that now comes in the ‘24 - plus I’d have a moonroof I don’t want, but I’d be getting it at MSRP. I’d likely get over it rather quickly. Don’t know why it’s a tough decision for me.
I'm also in Northern California, east bay where it has been in the high 30's most mornings this week! I personally would go with what you ordered & want, especially if a 24' is being built not far from now. I could care less about the heated steering wheel but I must admit, I have used it on a few cold mornings...may come in handy in the snow this winter.
I recently picked up a 20' Gen 2 that is all stock, but had good wheels, tinted windows, Linex bed, clear bra, Bakflip MX4, and very clean cond., so most stuff I planned to add anyway. It has the sunroof that I did not want because obvious reasons, but was hard to find one w/ out in the color I wanted. It's a nice option, but most previous cars w/ sunroofs ended up having problems..:(
Also, I was curious what HUD was but a quick google answered that...lol

Either way, not a bad position to be in, good luck!

OP
OP
Z

ziggy2022

Reaction score
I second a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush. A heated steering wheel wasn't a deal breaker for me at all. Been in the high 20s, low 30s a number of mornings here in SE PA and with remote start and auto climate control my wheel is warm in the less than 5 mins it takes me to get in my truck (the seats heat up quickly too). My wife never uses hers in her X5 and both our vehicles live outside. And she is a tiny thing at 5', 96 lbs lol. It is a fairly straight forward retrofit though it you have to have one.
I forget about how nice the remote start is. My Porsche I’m trading does not have it because they want you to have the “experience” of twisting the fake key on the left, but also there are apparently many countries that don’t allow remote start and warming the car up (anti - idling laws) while you stay inside NOT being cold. The novelty wore off with me. I DO tend to over analyze these things - i.e. moonroof dilemma. And once it becomes 2024, now my Porsche would be considered a year old - even though I got it in June. So likely trade-in value would be even less. Just stuff Considering with weighing in on a decision. That said, the Porsche gets appraised Wednesday. Sales guy said they’ll give me whatever the appraisal is and then sell that to the dealer that appraised it so I wouldn’t need to worry about shipping the trade-in. Then I’d have to decide if I want to take a couple days off work (paid of course) and fly out to then drive the truck back in like 3 long days or pay $1700 to ship it here.