Scored a 2022 for MSRP - Is this legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98markviii

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently gave up on trying to order a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor as there just isn't a lot of allocation. Especially finding one this late in the game for MSRP. Called several dealers out of state even, with no luck. I then remembered I have a work colleague that once mentioned he had a friend that worked at a Ford dealership. Didn't think much of it at the time. On a whim, I decided to reach out to my colleague to get more info on his friend. Turns out he works in sales at a Texas Ford dealership (I live in California). The sales guy forwards my email to their "Raptor" guy. Raptor guy says they have five Raptors already ordered and scheduled to be delivered in Feb-March. They only had one that was still available and it was mine if I wanted it...for MSRP.

Here are the specs of the truck:
  • Agate Black Metallic
  • 801A
  • Recaro Blue Seats
  • Moonroof & Tailgate package
  • 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels
  • Auto Start-Stop Removal
  • MSRP - $78,775

The only thing I probably wouldn't have picked if I were to custom order this are the blue seats. But the fact I am required to have them with this build is also kind of cool. I do like blue, and the suede looks fancy. Anyway, I thought about this for about 30 seconds and then replied to the email saying, I'll take it!

Only stipulation to getting it for MSRP is I have to finance through their dealership, otherwise it's a 5K markup. My plan is finance through them with $25k down. I have a credit score of ~800 so am hoping the interest rate isn't too bad.

Is this all too good to be true?

Here is what I have:
  • Email stating I can buy this truck for MSRP with a timeframe of receiving in Feb/Mar
  • Email stating the following:
    I have attached a signed copy by myself guaranteeing you the first in line on this Raptor. Everyone here knows that this Raptor has your name on it. If you have any questions while we are waiting for it to get here just let me know. Again, I will keep you posted along the way.
  • Preview order with the truck details that both myself and the sales agent signed (attached).
I'm still in shock and feel like this can't be real. Anything else I should get from the dealer to confirm this truck is mine? Thanks!

Attachments

• RaptorInvoice.png
    RaptorInvoice.png
    951 KB · Views: 267

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

I believe it’s real when you have a sales contract and money has changed hands, I believe a deposit is enough. Unfortunately, most states don’t criminalize backing out of a contract to sell a vehicle, so even then they could still return your deposit, auction it on fleabay, or wherever and pocket the profits.

It sounds like they’re trying to make the sale here, and I’d go along but I’d definitely at least go for a refundable deposit, purchase agreement, etc.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd want to know what the interest rate is or at least a ballpark, even though that could change by March. All in all its good to see that sheet and take a deposit.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently gave up on trying to order a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor as there just isn't a lot of allocation. Especially finding one this late in the game for MSRP. Called several dealers out of state even, with no luck. I then remembered I have a work colleague that once mentioned he had a friend that worked at a Ford dealership. Didn't think much of it at the time. On a whim, I decided to reach out to my colleague to get more info on his friend. Turns out he works in sales at a Texas Ford dealership (I live in California). The sales guy forwards my email to their "Raptor" guy. Raptor guy says they have five Raptors already ordered and scheduled to be delivered in Feb-March. They only had one that was still available and it was mine if I wanted it...for MSRP.

Here are the specs of the truck:
  • Agate Black Metallic
  • 801A
  • Recaro Blue Seats
  • Moonroof & Tailgate package
  • 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels
  • Auto Start-Stop Removal
  • MSRP - $78,775

The only thing I probably wouldn't have picked if I were to custom order this are the blue seats. But the fact I am required to have them with this build is also kind of cool. I do like blue, and the suede looks fancy. Anyway, I thought about this for about 30 seconds and then replied to the email saying, I'll take it!

Only stipulation to getting it for MSRP is I have to finance through their dealership, otherwise it's a 5K markup. My plan is finance through them with $25k down. I have a credit score of ~800 so am hoping the interest rate isn't too bad.

Is this all too good to be true?

Here is what I have:
  • Email stating I can buy this truck for MSRP with a timeframe of receiving in Feb/Mar
  • Email stating the following:
    I have attached a signed copy by myself guaranteeing you the first in line on this Raptor. Everyone here knows that this Raptor has your name on it. If you have any questions while we are waiting for it to get here just let me know. Again, I will keep you posted along the way.
  • Preview order with the truck details that both myself and the sales agent signed (attached).
I'm still in shock and feel like this can't be real. Anything else I should get from the dealer to confirm this truck is mine? Thanks!
They are making the 5k cut off your high interest rate instead of adm. They don't care you have 800 credit score. Thomball Ford does it. 25k down 72 month 10% interest is 20k in interest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
98markviii

98markviii

Reaction score
They are making the 5k cut off your high interest rate instead of adm. They don't care you have 800 credit score. Thomball Ford does it. 25k down 72 month 10% interest is 20k in interest.
Should have mentioned. They said their interest rates are typically 1.7 - 3.2%. But that's just in an email. Nothing official. But we will see!

TXAG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They get paid off of financing it for you, and get paid more if it's a higher rate. I always let the dealers do it. Just ask them how long you need to wait to refinance so they don't get the money clawed back from them. It's typically 1-3 months. It's good for both parties