Scored a 2022 for MSRP - Is this legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently gave up on trying to order a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor as there just isn't a lot of allocation. Especially finding one this late in the game for MSRP. Called several dealers out of state even, with no luck. I then remembered I have a work colleague that once mentioned he had a friend that worked at a Ford dealership. Didn't think much of it at the time. On a whim, I decided to reach out to my colleague to get more info on his friend. Turns out he works in sales at a Texas Ford dealership (I live in California). The sales guy forwards my email to their "Raptor" guy. Raptor guy says they have five Raptors already ordered and scheduled to be delivered in Feb-March. They only had one that was still available and it was mine if I wanted it...for MSRP.

Here are the specs of the truck:
  • Agate Black Metallic
  • 801A
  • Recaro Blue Seats
  • Moonroof & Tailgate package
  • 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels
  • Auto Start-Stop Removal
  • MSRP - $78,775

The only thing I probably wouldn't have picked if I were to custom order this are the blue seats. But the fact I am required to have them with this build is also kind of cool. I do like blue, and the suede looks fancy. Anyway, I thought about this for about 30 seconds and then replied to the email saying, I'll take it!

Only stipulation to getting it for MSRP is I have to finance through their dealership, otherwise it's a 5K markup. My plan is finance through them with $25k down. I have a credit score of ~800 so am hoping the interest rate isn't too bad.

Is this all too good to be true?

Here is what I have:
  • Email stating I can buy this truck for MSRP with a timeframe of receiving in Feb/Mar
  • Email stating the following:
    I have attached a signed copy by myself guaranteeing you the first in line on this Raptor. Everyone here knows that this Raptor has your name on it. If you have any questions while we are waiting for it to get here just let me know. Again, I will keep you posted along the way.
  • Preview order with the truck details that both myself and the sales agent signed (attached).
I'm still in shock and feel like this can't be real. Anything else I should get from the dealer to confirm this truck is mine? Thanks!
Even if the rate is high, you can refinance it after one payment so I would not sweat that, if you had the cash, you could also pay it off right away they got it financed then you paid it off so no real interest cost to you. Either way you get the truck and will end up with a loan you want, so win-win!!!

CourtneyNYC

Reaction score
It's typically 1-3 months.
I had that happen once, about 10 years ago, and the dealer simply asked me to wait for 90 days so they got to keep their financing fees and not have them clawed back. Worked marvelously.

Last edited:

flwrappeder

Reaction score
those lower rates are on shorter terms typically. 48 months at my bank is 1.99 with outstanding credit. I bet if you went to them with cash in hand they'd charge 5k over too.

ericdmiller

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently gave up on trying to order a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor as there just isn't a lot of allocation. Especially finding one this late in the game for MSRP. Called several dealers out of state even, with no luck. I then remembered I have a work colleague that once mentioned he had a friend that worked at a Ford dealership. Didn't think much of it at the time. On a whim, I decided to reach out to my colleague to get more info on his friend. Turns out he works in sales at a Texas Ford dealership (I live in California). The sales guy forwards my email to their "Raptor" guy. Raptor guy says they have five Raptors already ordered and scheduled to be delivered in Feb-March. They only had one that was still available and it was mine if I wanted it...for MSRP.

Here are the specs of the truck:
  • Agate Black Metallic
  • 801A
  • Recaro Blue Seats
  • Moonroof & Tailgate package
  • 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels
  • Auto Start-Stop Removal
  • MSRP - $78,775

The only thing I probably wouldn't have picked if I were to custom order this are the blue seats. But the fact I am required to have them with this build is also kind of cool. I do like blue, and the suede looks fancy. Anyway, I thought about this for about 30 seconds and then replied to the email saying, I'll take it!

Only stipulation to getting it for MSRP is I have to finance through their dealership, otherwise it's a 5K markup. My plan is finance through them with $25k down. I have a credit score of ~800 so am hoping the interest rate isn't too bad.

Is this all too good to be true?

Here is what I have:
  • Email stating I can buy this truck for MSRP with a timeframe of receiving in Feb/Mar
  • Email stating the following:
    I have attached a signed copy by myself guaranteeing you the first in line on this Raptor. Everyone here knows that this Raptor has your name on it. If you have any questions while we are waiting for it to get here just let me know. Again, I will keep you posted along the way.
  • Preview order with the truck details that both myself and the sales agent signed (attached).
I'm still in shock and feel like this can't be real. Anything else I should get from the dealer to confirm this truck is mine? Thanks!
Does this build include the Pro Power Onboard?

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really surprised everyone has struggled with finding a gen 3. I ordered mine in October of last year and got it in January for MSRP. Guess I just got super lucky
Same here. Called 2 dealers, 2nd call got a 37 msrp. Guess we got lucky. We'll maybe not considering I got my 18 for 6k off msrp off for 65k. Made money off my 18 so I don't mind paying msrp. Is it worth 80k. No, maybe 60-65k. But hey what ya gonna do, buy a prius?

raptoric93

Reaction score
Just placed my order today for a 22 in rapid red before MSRP goes up. Raptor High Package and Moonroof & Tailgate package for MSRP. Adding all the other crap later as my dealer said it would delay the build. My dealer is getting the fastest priority and the build will start the first week of March. 12-16 weeks till completion due to his allocation with the rep. The rep said I am cutting the line from people waiting 6-8 months already. Feel bad but I'm looking forward to this truck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 1.30.51 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 1.30.51 PM.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 1.31.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 1.31.25 PM.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 28

Southocplumber

Reaction score
If you signed and left a deposit you can officially grab yourself some popcorn and join the wait.

My 22 order just went in today as well. MSRP at a CA dealer! Called about 40 different dealers both in and out of state. Never thought I would get sticker in CA.
Where in Cali?