Scored a 2022 for MSRP - Is this legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rvdude

Reaction score
If you signed and left a deposit you can officially grab yourself some popcorn and join the wait.

My 22 order just went in today as well. MSRP at a CA dealer! Called about 40 different dealers both in and out of state. Never thought I would get sticker in CA.
Congrats, I ordered mine as well yest evening in Rapid Red an MSRP.

Don N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When buying my Gen 2, I got close enough to a few deals where I was ready to pay for the truck and then the next time I talked to the dealership, they wanted more money than we had agreed upon. I think I even had one dealer agree to the price and then when they sent me the paperwork, the price shown was a higher price. They had to resend me another copy to sign with the correct price.

ALK

Reaction score
All you have to do is tell them you want to see the "Buy Rate Sheet" for the loan, that's a really easy way to see if they are monkeying around with the actual interest rate from the bank.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated, if it’s tomball Ford, you will have to buy extended warranty for five grand. Still less than most rapists out there. There are honest dealers. I’m very fortunate to have found one. Now if Ford will only build the d a m n truck.

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently gave up on trying to order a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor as there just isn't a lot of allocation. Especially finding one this late in the game for MSRP. Called several dealers out of state even, with no luck. I then remembered I have a work colleague that once mentioned he had a friend that worked at a Ford dealership. Didn't think much of it at the time. On a whim, I decided to reach out to my colleague to get more info on his friend. Turns out he works in sales at a Texas Ford dealership (I live in California). The sales guy forwards my email to their "Raptor" guy. Raptor guy says they have five Raptors already ordered and scheduled to be delivered in Feb-March. They only had one that was still available and it was mine if I wanted it...for MSRP.

Here are the specs of the truck:
  • Agate Black Metallic
  • 801A
  • Recaro Blue Seats
  • Moonroof & Tailgate package
  • 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels
  • Auto Start-Stop Removal
  • MSRP - $78,775

The only thing I probably wouldn't have picked if I were to custom order this are the blue seats. But the fact I am required to have them with this build is also kind of cool. I do like blue, and the suede looks fancy. Anyway, I thought about this for about 30 seconds and then replied to the email saying, I'll take it!

Only stipulation to getting it for MSRP is I have to finance through their dealership, otherwise it's a 5K markup. My plan is finance through them with $25k down. I have a credit score of ~800 so am hoping the interest rate isn't too bad.

Is this all too good to be true?

Here is what I have:
  • Email stating I can buy this truck for MSRP with a timeframe of receiving in Feb/Mar
  • Email stating the following:
    I have attached a signed copy by myself guaranteeing you the first in line on this Raptor. Everyone here knows that this Raptor has your name on it. If you have any questions while we are waiting for it to get here just let me know. Again, I will keep you posted along the way.
  • Preview order with the truck details that both myself and the sales agent signed (attached).
I'm still in shock and feel like this can't be real. Anything else I should get from the dealer to confirm this truck is mine? Thanks!
Some dealers are doing this i noticed…..they gettting paid to sell the higher interest rate if they sell at Msrp. So either pay upfront or pay every month….do the math! Rates on excellent credit 2.29….but they will be popping you with 4.5-6.5 with excellent scores. If its the same as when i sold mortgages you get 1 pt for every .5 upsel. If the truck financed is 60k and their getting 2 pts on the back they making 12k on the kickback. So if you have excellent credit and qualify for 2.9 but the sell you a 6%…they’d get 18k kickback from bank. In this world your not getting something for nothing. I’d rather the lower monthly payment but again you gotta do the math! Get payments for both interest rates and weigh against the upfront adm option.

You really wanna see them really freak out get truck at Msrp then when its delivered walk in with a check from your credit union at 1.9. They wont sell you the truck

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some dealers are doing this i noticed…..they gettting paid to sell the higher interest rate if they sell at Msrp. So either pay upfront or pay every month….do the math! Rates on excellent credit 2.29….but they will be popping you with 4.5-6.5 with excellent scores. If its the same as when i sold mortgages you get 1 pt for every .5 upsel. If the truck financed is 60k and their getting 2 pts on the back they making 12k on the kickback. So if you have excellent credit and qualify for 2.9 but the sell you a 6%…they’d get 18k kickback from bank. In this world your not getting something for nothing. I’d rather the lower monthly payment but again you gotta do the math! Get payments for both interest rates and weigh against the upfront adm option.

You really wanna see them really freak out get truck at Msrp then when its delivered walk in with a check from your credit union at 1.9. They wont sell you the truck
A point is 1%. You slipped a digit and used 10%. So a kickback of $1,200 or $1,800. It's still a lot, but it's not insane.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill have a paid for 2018 raptor as a down payment if they expect over msrp. they won't be getting that as a trade. next is an immediate refinance

WKUSMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

I believe it’s real when you have a sales contract and money has changed hands, I believe a deposit is enough. Unfortunately, most states don’t criminalize backing out of a contract to sell a vehicle, so even then they could still return your deposit, auction it on fleabay, or wherever and pocket the profits.

It sounds like they’re trying to make the sale here, and I’d go along but I’d definitely at least go for a refundable deposit, purchase agreement, etc.
They are doing deals and have too look.
Should have mentioned. They said their interest rates are typically 1.7 - 3.2%. But that's just in an email. Nothing official. But we will see!
Hi everyone! I recently gave up on trying to order a 2022 Gen 3 Raptor as there just isn't a lot of allocation. Especially finding one this late in the game for MSRP. Called several dealers out of state even, with no luck. I then remembered I have a work colleague that once mentioned he had a friend that worked at a Ford dealership. Didn't think much of it at the time. On a whim, I decided to reach out to my colleague to get more info on his friend. Turns out he works in sales at a Texas Ford dealership (I live in California). The sales guy forwards my email to their "Raptor" guy. Raptor guy says they have five Raptors already ordered and scheduled to be delivered in Feb-March. They only had one that was still available and it was mine if I wanted it...for MSRP.

Here are the specs of the truck:
  • Agate Black Metallic
  • 801A
  • Recaro Blue Seats
  • Moonroof & Tailgate package
  • 17" Forged Aluminum Wheels
  • Auto Start-Stop Removal
  • MSRP - $78,775

The only thing I probably wouldn't have picked if I were to custom order this are the blue seats. But the fact I am required to have them with this build is also kind of cool. I do like blue, and the suede looks fancy. Anyway, I thought about this for about 30 seconds and then replied to the email saying, I'll take it!

Only stipulation to getting it for MSRP is I have to finance through their dealership, otherwise it's a 5K markup. My plan is finance through them with $25k down. I have a credit score of ~800 so am hoping the interest rate isn't too bad.

Is this all too good to be true?

Here is what I have:
  • Email stating I can buy this truck for MSRP with a timeframe of receiving in Feb/Mar
  • Email stating the following:
    I have attached a signed copy by myself guaranteeing you the first in line on this Raptor. Everyone here knows that this Raptor has your name on it. If you have any questions while we are waiting for it to get here just let me know. Again, I will keep you posted along the way.
  • Preview order with the truck details that both myself and the sales agent signed (attached).
I'm still in shock and feel like this can't be real. Anything else I should get from the dealer to confirm this truck is mine? Thanks!
It prob is true I paid 2000 over on mine. The are going to roll in and more in stock. That is a fair deal. There is lots of black gen 3s code orange with 37s no.

bfairless

Reaction score
They get paid off of financing it for you, and get paid more if it's a higher rate. I always let the dealers do it. Just ask them how long you need to wait to refinance so they don't get the money clawed back from them. It's typically 1-3 months. It's good for both parties
I did that with my last 2017 Ford Roush. Financed through Ford at 7% to get a discount then after two payments refinanced with Bank of America at 3.3%